Pryor Associates
Actuarial Openings: Life, P&C, Health, Pensions, Finance
Actuarial Careers, Inc. ®
Actuarial Jobs Worldwide
Search positions: Geographic Region, Specialization, Salary

Thread: What order for VEE

Actuary.com - Level I Poster

What order for VEE

Is there a good order to take the courses for VEE in? Which ones are harder or easier or are they all the same? Would you recomend taking 2 courses at once or only doing one at a time if working full time?

Actuary.com - Level II Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ksommerf View Post
    Is there a good order to take the courses for VEE in? Which ones are harder or easier or are they all the same? Would you recomend taking 2 courses at once or only doing one at a time if working full time?
    I think is it better to take Economics classes (Macro and then Micro) before Applied Statistics. And Finance... I don't know.. I haven't taken it yet.

Take them in whatever order you feel comfortable with. The applied statistics part is completely independent of finance and economics, so there's really no "bad" or "good" way to do it. Just make sure you get it done.
    "You better get to living, because dying's a pain in the ***." - Frank Sinatra

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blogger_ar...blogger_id=174 - where I talk about the Blues and the NHL.

It completely depends on whether you are comfortable with on the subjects or not ! I took all 3 online courses at Actex this winter, while studying for my master degree and working part-time, and it was fine. Of course, I'm a graduate student in Applied Statistics so I had the whole syllabus pretty much covered, and I have also already taken classes in economics and accounting, so nothing very new there for me... The hardest for me was the corporate finance course because it required a lot of work and the course organisation wasn't as good as that of the other two.
    I guess that if you are a complete newby in those fields, and you want to keep at least a some social life, one at the time would be more than enough. Just pick up the one you are most comfortable with first.

what about taking the eco and fin before exam 2? Would that be helpful? I haven't taken these in 11 years. I don't remember a thing. (and of course I got C's) who knew? But I got an A in statistics back then.. that's one down!

Thread Information