Actuarial Discussion Forum - Professional Discussions for Professional Actuaries

Actuarial Jobs from Actuary.com    Submit Your Actuarial Resume Anonymously
Other Insurance Jobs    Other Financial Jobs    Other Health Jobs    Other IT Jobs    Other Jobs, Careers and Employment    Actuarial News
Directory of Actuarial Exam Study Courses - Online    Directory of Actuarial Exam Study Materials    Directory of Actuarial Exam Study Seminars - Live
Directory of Actuarial Recruiters    Directory of Actuarial Schools    Actuarial Grads Network    Actuary.com 

D.W. Simpson & Co, Inc. - Worldwide Actuarial Jobs
Life Jobs 
Health Jobs Pension Jobs Casualty Jobs Salary Apply
Pauline Reimer, ASA, MAAA - Pryor Associates
Nat'l/Int'l Actuarial Openings: Life P&C Health Pensions Finance
ACTEX Publications and MadRiver Books
Serving students worldwide for over 40 years
Advertise Here - Reach Actuarial Professionals
Advertising Information
Actuarial Careers, Inc. - Actuarial Jobs Worldwide
Search positions by geographic region, specialization, or salary
Ezra Penland Actuarial Recruiters - Top Actuarial Jobs
Salary Surveys  Apply Online   Bios   Casualty   Health   Life   Pension

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Conservation, Environmental, Ecological & subsequent Ethical issues, impacts & trends

Actuary.com - Newbie Poster

Conservation, Environmental, Ecological & subsequent Ethical issues, impacts & trends

Hi, just found your interesting forum.

I have looked through the Advanced Search facility but unfortunately couldn't find anything relevant so I wonder if someone could help please ?

I'm from England and am an External Associate of the Banking Research Centre at Loughborough University, and I've been researching on and off the following private research project for over 20 years yet unfortunately still haven't found anyone !

I'm hoping to find and link up with someone in the actuarial industry worldwide who is interested, or better still involved whether from the academic world or commercial, in the study of Conservation, Environmental, Ecological and subsequent Ethical issues, impacts and trends not only in how they relate to future private sector investment and portfolios, but how it might improve the global banking sector's long term risk profiles via the re-insurance and actuarial industries' risk assessments in the future.

Many thanks in advance

Marcus

Actuary.com - Level I Poster

a side question from a beginner

If it's not too much of a bother, perhaps you can answer a question from one who won't even be taking test p till november.

I am beginning to consider in what industry I might like to be employed as an actuary. Could you suggest a book that deals with financial and actuarial analysis in ecology and environmentalism?

Thanks
    Adam

Actuary.com - Newbie Poster
    Can't help sorry as I'm not an actuary.

Actuary.com - Level I Poster
    Hello Marcus,

I'm a risk manager at an investment bank in Houston, TX (USA). I studied developmental economics (sustainable development, environmental econ, save the world stuff) and would like to get back into the fields that I find more meaningful. I might be off base on this, but I decided that studying this idea of 'loss' may be a preferrable adventure into this field. If you don't mind, I'd like to connect with people in these shared fields, especially as I take my actuary exams over the next year.

Regards,

Riskwalla

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information