hi guys, i'm a guy who very interest in math since i was little. i recently decided to pursuit a career in acturial indutry. as a very beginner for acturial study i start from the very beginning from the long path challenge. exam P will be my first step of this long journey. i've done some research on internet by myself and have some basic ideas about the process that i will be going thru as i move on towards my destination. i would like all you experts here to provide me some kindly advices to help me get this started in the most efficient way. here are some textbooks recommanded by [url]www.soa.org[/url] :
* A First Course in Probability (Sixth Edition), 2001, by Ross, S.M., Chapters 1–8.
* Fundamentals of Probability (Third Edition), 2005, by Ghahramani, S., Chapters 1–11.
* John E. Freund’s Mathematical Statistics with Applications (Seventh Edition), 2004, by Miller, I., Miller, M., Chapters 1-8.
* Mathematical Statistics with Applications (Sixth Edition), 2002, by Wackerly, D., Mendenhall III, W. Scheaffer, R., Chapters 1-7.
* Probability for Risk Management, 1999, by Hassett, M. and Stewart, D., Chapters 1–11.
* Probability: The Science of Uncertainty with Applications to Investments, Insurance and Engineering 2001, by Bean, M.A., Chapters 1–9.
and i have found every single of them on amazon.com. as soa.org suggested that no single book from above will cover the exam thuroughly and more variety of reading is encouraged. now the question to me is what is the best combination of reading that can maximize the coverage of exam and minimize the chance having too many books with duplicated stuff (all those books are not cheap $$$). also besides those books are there any materials i would be helpful to me. i have a BA degree on Business and Economics. i did not have too many math in college. i had entry level algebra, calculas and stats as requirement for my major and i did well at all of them. i'm not afraid of math at all, in fact, i enjoy the process solving math problems. what i'm trying to say is that i don't have problems to teach myself some math i did not learn beforce if i have a good textbook on my hand.
if any experts here can give me some helps regarding my issue i would really appreciate it.