PDA

View Full Version : ASM MFE 4th edition - errata

chicken_po_boy
October 23rd 2008, 11:17 PM
Is anyone else as frustrated as I am with the 7 pages of errata on the 4th edition of the ASM MFE manual? I was SO impressed with the 2/FM ASM manual I rushed out and bought the ASM manual for MFE. I am not nearly as happy with it. So many errors... I can't tell you how many times I got stuck on something, only to find out it was due to an error. Grrrrrrrrrr..... Yes, I'm venting here, I know.

If I'm lucky enough to pass MFE this sitting, I'll sit for 3L in May. Can anyone recommend a good study manual?

yorklee44
October 24th 2008, 12:04 AM
Is anyone else as frustrated as I am with the 7 pages of errata on the 4th edition of the ASM MFE manual? I was SO impressed with the 2/FM ASM manual I rushed out and bought the ASM manual for MFE. I am not nearly as happy with it. So many errors... I can't tell you how many times I got stuck on something, only to find out it was due to an error. Grrrrrrrrrr..... Yes, I'm venting here, I know.

If I'm lucky enough to pass MFE this sitting, I'll sit for 3L in May. Can anyone recommend a good study manual?

I had the 3rd Edition, which had way more errors than the 4th Edition. It's probably a good idea to check the Errata before you start studying and make all the corrections first, since most of them are corrected by now anyways. Just remember to occasionally check the site for updates. I'm pretty satisfied with ASM so far..we'll see if it helps me pass the exam, then I may have a different opinion. :-)

feste22
October 27th 2008, 04:29 PM
I had the 3rd Edition, which had way more errors than the 4th Edition. It's probably a good idea to check the Errata before you start studying and make all the corrections first, since most of them are corrected by now anyways. Just remember to occasionally check the site for updates. I'm pretty satisfied with ASM so far..we'll see if it helps me pass the exam, then I may have a different opinion. :-)

Just by way of observation... I've been going through the ASM at about the pace of the development of the errata. Meaning, I'd do a problem, say "That's not right," check my most recently printed copy, and not see a correction, then check on line, and see that the question was added to the newest version of the errata.

Right now, it looks like the errata has not found any errors past the 7th practice exam. Based on my experience, I'm assuming that not enough people have gotten far enough to find them. So if you are going that deep into the practice exams, keep an eye out.