PDA

View Full Version : Do we take all of these?

dystrother
December 28th 2008, 02:48 PM
For VEE credits, I was looking online at the document which lists all the classes for each college. My college, U of Pittsburgh has these classes listed

Applied Stats Methods
ECON 1150 Applied Econometrics
STAT 2131 Applied Statistical Methods 1 -- STAT 1321/2320 App. Time Series
STAT 1221 Applied Regression--STAT 1321/2320 App. Time Series

Corporate Finance
ECON 1440 Economics of Corporate Finance

Economics
ECON 0100 Intro to Micro Econ -- Econ 0110 Intro to Macro Econ
ECON 1100 Intermed. Micro Econ -- ECON 1110 Intermed. Macroecon

I have taken the bolded classes (or am registered to take them). My question is, do I just need a class from each of those subjects or do I need all the classes listed? I have passed P and took a few stats classes, including Intro to Probability and Mathematical Statistics (prob. part 2, but not using so much probability..) Thanks.

wat
December 29th 2008, 02:50 PM
For VEE credits, I was looking online at the document which lists all the classes for each college. My college, U of Pittsburgh has these classes listed

Applied Stats Methods
ECON 1150 Applied Econometrics
STAT 2131 Applied Statistical Methods 1 -- STAT 1321/2320 App. Time Series
STAT 1221 Applied Regression--STAT 1321/2320 App. Time Series

Corporate Finance
ECON 1440 Economics of Corporate Finance

Economics
ECON 0100 Intro to Micro Econ -- Econ 0110 Intro to Macro Econ
ECON 1100 Intermed. Micro Econ -- ECON 1110 Intermed. Macroecon

I have taken the bolded classes (or am registered to take them). My question is, do I just need a class from each of those subjects or do I need all the classes listed? I have passed P and took a few stats classes, including Intro to Probability and Mathematical Statistics (prob. part 2, but not using so much probability..) Thanks.

Did the ECON 1150 class cover Regression and Time Series? Do you know what an AR, ARMA or ARIMA model is? Have you done least-squares regression before? If both of those questions are "no", then you'll likely have to take all of them.

dystrother
December 29th 2008, 05:21 PM
Heh, thats one i haven't actually taken yet, but am enrolled to take. I guess I'll find out soon enough, if nobody knows exactly how the classes listed and VEE credit relate.

killakali
May 21st 2010, 08:27 PM
Let me get this right.

The list on the SOA website stating what courses are accepted as VEE credits means we have to take all those classes, correct? For instance under Economics there's like 3 or 4 different subjects. Please help me!