PDA

View Full Version : What to bring to pencil/paper exams.

Blacker
January 5th 2009, 07:46 AM
Do you actually have to bring anything besides your ID, confirmation letter, and calculators to those exams?

Am I required to bring pencils/erasers etc....?

NoMoreExams
January 5th 2009, 10:50 AM
Do you actually have to bring anything besides your ID, confirmation letter, and calculators to those exams?

Am I required to bring pencils/erasers etc....?

They MIGHT have some if yours breaks, etc. but yes in general, bring pencils and erasers.

Blacker
January 5th 2009, 11:21 AM
Thanks

I was just wondering whether they provided them, like some of the other paper/pencil exams I've written for other things.

I take it, no mechanical pencils though?

NoMoreExams
January 5th 2009, 12:31 PM
Thanks

I was just wondering whether they provided them, like some of the other paper/pencil exams I've written for other things.

I take it, no mechanical pencils though?

I think they tell you not to because you want to make sure it's a #2 pencil or something like that. I've always used one and although I have failed, it wasn't due to a mechanical pencil :)

Chopin-Lover
March 8th 2009, 10:38 PM
I'm taking my first paper and pencil exam in May.

Is it just like the multiple choice exams we have in school where we have to darken the answers? Will they provide scratch papers? Can I bring a pen too (for calculations)?

For people who have taken both CBT and paper-and-pencil, is it slower to do paper-and-pencil because you have to spend time darken the answers?

Any other tips for paper and pencil exam?

Thanks!