PDA

View Full Version : anyone recommend taking C right after P?

diputz42
March 13th 2009, 04:50 PM
i just passed P yday. i dont have any other exams passed and i still need to start looking for my first fulltime actuarial gig. but from what i can tell by the syllabus, P sounds like a direct prerequisite to C, and FM a direct precursor to MFE and MLC.

i know there's no set order for the prelim exams even though it sounds like most people take them in numerical order. but is there anyone or does anyone know of someone who successfully took the exams in such an order? i was thinking for the prelims i might take C in november, then FM in feb, and finally M sometime next year. the other option i was considering was to take FM in may, C in november, and M next year.

sohpmalvin
March 17th 2009, 08:09 AM
P sounds like a direct prerequisite to C, and FM a direct precursor to MFE and MLC.

You are right. Nonetheless, be careful. C has much more material than P. At least 3 or 4 folds of P. I suggest you to go for FM and MFE first to adapt the length of the exam.

Hawgdriver
May 11th 2009, 02:21 PM
I know of someone who went P, FM, C, and then MFE/MLC. I would go P, FM, MFE, and C before MLC, but it might be a mistake to pass up the financial stuff before C, it seems C builds on the financial stuff in MFE in particular. I think C before MLC is not a bad approach actually, but I would do MFE first.

NoMoreExams
May 12th 2009, 07:04 PM
I went 1, FM, C, MLC and MFE. In my defense when I took C, there was M, when I passed C, there was MLC/MFE. You COULD take C right after P. Aside from the financial math material on there (which I believe is being moved to MFE coming Fall '09), there is no reason not to IMO. There is 1 or 2 notational things from MLC but you can pick those up as you go through it.

JulietteKlonk
January 4th 2010, 03:54 PM
thanks. very helpful post.