PDA

View Full Version : #5 in Nov '05 of FM dropped!

skrinsk
January 5th 2006, 04:18 PM
I just checked the soa website, and they officially dropped #5 from the last exam. http://examresults.soa.org/files/coursefm_1105.pdf

bv12
January 6th 2006, 08:21 AM
That stinks. Where are they posting the FM results? I don't see a link for Fall05 passing candidates....it is today right?

Trojan_Horse
January 6th 2006, 08:46 AM
Yes it is today, probably around 3pm EST at examresults.soa.org.

If you look at the answers to the Fall FM exam it says #5 has been dropped.

bv12
January 6th 2006, 09:28 AM
Yeah I saw the answers with #5 dropped. I had that one correct so that change is not good for me. I hope I passed anyway. Are the results definitely out by 5 PM today? The instructions to candidates only says around Jan 6th so I don't know that they are tied to this deadline. The first 2 exams I have taken have had results posted like you said around 3-4 PM of the date posted.

skrinsk
January 6th 2006, 11:58 AM
I don't see why some are upset that it was dropped. (I've seen a number of complaints.) How can it harms anyone who got it right? If, for example, the passing grade was 18/25 & it is now 17/24, it doesn't penalize anyone. Those who got #5 right and would have passed with 18 still pass with 17, and those who got it wrong with 17 now pass. (It makes sense to me...)

bv12
January 6th 2006, 01:01 PM
Maybe that is the case but who knows right now. All I know is that it couldn't have helped me since I did get it right and it now doesn't count. It probably won't affect the pass/fail outcome but it could affect scores, which I realize aren't all that important.

novrain
January 6th 2006, 04:44 PM
i got that one right as well... :(

but i guess it didn't make a huge difference on my exam result.