PDA

View Full Version : VEE really bothers me

kubila
May 19th 2009, 01:29 PM
My issue is: I havn't taken any approved courses as listed in soa.org. But I've taken more advanced (PH.D) courses on those subjects. Should I go back to school and take those simpler courses or register for some online courses or should I just sit for exams? Please, anybody has any advice?

NoMoreExams
May 19th 2009, 05:34 PM
My issue is: I havn't taken any approved courses as listed in soa.org. But I've taken more advanced (PH.D) courses on those subjects. Should I go back to school and take those simpler courses or register for some online courses or should I just sit for exams? Please, anybody has any advice?

If you have taken advanced courses on the matter, PhD level at that, you should certainly be able to pass the exams. You can always appeal to have your courses "count" towards your VEE credit even if they are not listed. There should be a form on the SOA and CAS websites.

kubila
May 19th 2009, 07:53 PM
excellent. Thank you so much for the info.

Stodd
May 19th 2009, 10:38 PM
Also, there's a way to get courses approved that aren't already on the list. Go to http://www.soa.org/education/exam-req/edu-vee.aspx
There's a section at the bottom called "Requesting VEE Course/Experience Evaluation" with instructions for how to get a course you already took approved and PDF's of the forms you'll need.

NoMoreExams
May 19th 2009, 10:59 PM
Also, there's a way to get courses approved that aren't already on the list. Go to http://www.soa.org/education/exam-req/edu-vee.aspx
There's a section at the bottom called "Requesting VEE Course/Experience Evaluation" with instructions for how to get a course you already took approved and PDF's of the forms you'll need.

Also? Isn't that what I said? :)

kubila
May 19th 2009, 11:35 PM
Thanks to both of you.

Stodd
May 20th 2009, 08:47 PM
Also? Isn't that what I said? :)

I thought you were only referencing trying to appeal to have a class count in one particular case only, not to have a class officially added to the approved list. I guess we were talking about the same thing.