PDA

View Full Version : help plz help-probability question

direnc
January 16th 2006, 02:50 PM
urgent help plz ı have a question plz solve this:

a process is set to be of six-sigma quality if process mean is at least six standard deviations from the nearest specification assume a normally distributed measurement

a-)if a process mean is centered between the upper and lower specifications at a distance of six standard deviations from each,what is the probability that a product does not meet specifications?using the result that 0.000001 equals one part per million express the answer in parts per million?

b-)because it is difficult to maintain a process mean centered between the specifications,the probability of a product not meeting specifications is often calculated after assuming process shifts.If the process mean positioned as in part (a) shifts upward by 1.5 standadr deviations,what's the probability that a product does not meet specifications?express the answer in parts per million

c-)rework part (b)assume that the process mean is at a distance of three standard deviations and then shifts upward by 1.5 standard deviations

d-)compare the results in (b) and (c) and comment

plz help guys ı need to solve this in 6 hours

Ken
January 16th 2006, 02:53 PM
Lol. Are we in the same class?

direnc
January 16th 2006, 02:56 PM
Lol. Are we in the same class?
NO but ı need help..ı m from turkey and ı must solve this problem if ı dont ı will fail the exam:(

Ken
January 16th 2006, 05:01 PM
You have me completely stumped.

direnc
January 16th 2006, 05:11 PM
You have me completely stumped.
???cant u solve this???

Ken
January 16th 2006, 05:32 PM
Despite common belief, I'm not some genius or whiz kid.

Ken
January 16th 2006, 05:33 PM
On the other hand, wat is.

direnc
January 16th 2006, 05:47 PM
On the other hand, wat is.
ok thank u

SirVLCIV
January 16th 2006, 08:29 PM
Well, I don't know the numbers, or if you can calculate or find a table, but you need to find out the probability of something being between 0 and +6 standard deviations, multiply by 2, and subtract from 1.

Then, for the first upward shift, the probability of being between 0 and 4.5 standard deviations+probability of being between 0 and 7.5 standard deviations, total subtracted from 1.

For the second upward shift, 0<Z<1.5 standard deviations+ 0<Z<4.5 standard deviations, total subtracted from 0.

Compare b and c yourself, I hate compare and contrast questions ;).

SirVLCIV
January 16th 2006, 08:34 PM
http://www.adamssixsigma.com/Newsletters/standard_normal_table.htm

There, you can download the table up to 7.5 standard deviations (what you need)

direnc
January 16th 2006, 08:37 PM
http://www.adamssixsigma.com/Newsletters/standard_normal_table.htm

There, you can download the table up to 7.5 standard deviations (what you need)
ı send u pm can you check:confused:

SirVLCIV
January 16th 2006, 09:14 PM
I have to go to bed (my first day of my next semester tomorrow). I can't really give you anymore than I have - I'm not going to solve the problems for you, as that would be cheating, but I've given you plenty to get the answers from.