PDA

View Full Version : Question for Dr. Krzys' Ostaszewski

Bemy guy
January 17th 2006, 09:20 AM
I want to know if I could use the 1st edition of Loss Model klugman text and the 7th edition of Intro to Propbability models by Ross to prepare for the exam.

Second I would like to attend your seminar. Is chicago to only seminar you will be teaching.

I really want your notes so that is why I want to attend your seminar because it does not makes sense to purchase the actex manual when I get your notes when I register for your seminar.

krzysio
January 20th 2006, 10:00 AM
I want to know if I could use the 1st edition of Loss Model klugman text and the 7th edition of Intro to Propbability models by Ross to prepare for the exam.
Second I would like to attend your seminar. Is chicago to only seminar you will be teaching.
I really want your notes so that is why I want to attend your seminar because it does not makes sense to purchase the actex manual when I get your notes when I register for your seminar.

I would encourage you to consult the latest editions. There are differences important enough to warrant that. If you do not want to spend the money for both books, which are, after all, not the only textbooks, try to find the latest editions in a university library near you and consult them.

The intensive review for exam M for which I teach is not in Chicago, but in Bloomington/Normal, Illinois, which is 140 miles South of Chicago, at Illinois State University. We are almost next door to the headquarters of State Farm, so this is an important insurance location. Information about our seminar is here:
www.math.ilstu.edu/actuary/prepcourses.html
Yes, all participants get a complete study manual for exam M complimentary with a paid registration. The manual consists of a life contingencies portion written by me and a property/casualty portion written by Dr. Ewa Kubicka, who is the other instructor for the seminar. The seminar will be held March 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, and 15, 2006, on campus of Illinois State University. The most convenient way to get here is to fly to Bloomington/Normal airport, code BMI, but if you are not far, driving is easy, or there is bus service (best best: Peoria Charter Coach), and trains from Chicago and from St. Louis (to the Normal train station located basically on campus of Illinois State University, that's the train station Karen Hughes referred to in her book "Ten minutes from Normal").
Yes, the seminar is held in Normal. But I am not quite sure if I am. I always assumed Illinois State hired me to bring some balance to the name of this town.

Yours sincerely,
Krzys' Ostaszewski