PDA

View Full Version : an advice for the quality of preparation

insaan
April 4th 2005, 03:41 AM
i have just finished doing the actex
i just got about 45% questions crrect i.e without referring to solutions in the first attempt
and then i solved sample exam and got 49% correct ans w/o referring to solutions in the 1st attempt
now i want to ask that anybody tell me how my preparation is at the time..can i pass exam with this preparation and if i need more practice then what should i do?

wat
April 4th 2005, 01:05 PM
i have just finished doing the actex
i just got about 45% questions crrect i.e without referring to solutions in the first attempt
and then i solved sample exam and got 49% correct ans w/o referring to solutions in the 1st attempt
now i want to ask that anybody tell me how my preparation is at the time..can i pass exam with this preparation and if i need more practice then what should i do?

First off, you should go back to the problems you missed and review those - methodology, formulas, etc. Make sure you know them like the back of your hand. Then, go back through the problems you got right and review why you got them right and how you interpreted the problem. Finally, once you're done with that (it should have taken you a while to do), there are sites on-line or manuals you can pick up. Check out the links to the "Free Weekly Exam P problems." Try those.

krzysio
April 7th 2005, 02:04 PM
The bad news is that you should aim at 70% correct under regular test conditions. This is the range that assures of passing with something like 99% confidence. You are about 25% away from that, or about 7 problems away from that. That's a lot. This seems to indicate that there are topics you are missing, that were not covered in your probability class, or in a book you use. Download the sample exam I posted at the ASM web site: www.studymanuals.com/exam1.htm, and see how you do on this one under regular test conditions. If you are very far from 70%, you really need to make certain that you learn those "missing topics".

Yours,
Krzys' Ostaszewski