PDA

View Full Version : VEE application question

Tanner-T
August 19th 2009, 03:10 PM
I have read that you cannot apply for VEE credit until you have passed at least one exam, but I want to make sure that coursework/ CFA exams taken before passing an exam does still count, I just can't apply to have it verified until I pass an exam... Please confirm.

Thanks,
Tanner

NoMoreExams
August 19th 2009, 06:24 PM
I have read that you cannot apply for VEE credit until you have passed at least one exam, but I want to make sure that coursework/ CFA exams taken before passing an exam does still count, I just can't apply to have it verified until I pass an exam... Please confirm.

Thanks,
Tanner

You have to pass 2 actuarial exams. As of right now SOA/CAS doesn't care about coursework or CFA exams.

Tanner-T
August 20th 2009, 07:44 AM
You have to pass 2 actuarial exams. As of right now SOA/CAS doesn't care about coursework or CFA exams.

Thanks NME... Just to confirm once I pass two exams this fall the CFA exam I have already passed this summer can then be registered/accepted?

NoMoreExams
August 20th 2009, 10:15 AM
Thanks NME... Just to confirm once I pass two exams this fall the CFA exam I have already passed this summer can then be registered/accepted?

Actuaries don't care about CFA exams, not sure why you are thinking it does?

Tanner-T
August 21st 2009, 07:42 AM
NME... I am reading on the Society of Actuaries webpage under the VEE Approved Courses/Experiences - Standardized Examinations and other Educational Experiences ( http://www.soa.org/education/exam-req/resources/edu-vee-approved-courses.aspx )...

Regardless, whether it is a CFA exam or university courses, my question remains the same, is something I took/passed last year applicable for VEE credit once I pass my exams or do I actually have to complete the VEE requirements after passing exams?

THanks,
Tanner

NoMoreExams
August 21st 2009, 09:04 AM
NME... I am reading on the Society of Actuaries webpage under the VEE Approved Courses/Experiences - Standardized Examinations and other Educational Experiences ( http://www.soa.org/education/exam-req/resources/edu-vee-approved-courses.aspx )...

Regardless, whether it is a CFA exam or university courses, my question remains the same, is something I took/passed last year applicable for VEE credit once I pass my exams or do I actually have to complete the VEE requirements after passing exams?

THanks,
Tanner

Those courses are what counts towards your VEE, you can take them at any point but you can only apply for VEE credit once you have passed 2 actuarial exams.

Tanner-T
August 24th 2009, 01:03 PM
Thanks NME, that was the clarification I was looking for... Just wanted to make sure the fact that I had completed them before any of my exams was not a problem.