PDA

View Full Version : Which one first

eddiephlash
September 1st 2009, 12:07 PM
I have passed P. I failed FM in august because I didn't prepare for any of the "Financial Economics" material. I will retake FM in December, but meanwhile I want to start knocking out the VEE requirements. I think I want to do the NEAS online courses. What order should I take these, and is it a good idea to take more than one at a time?
Thanks in advance

NoMoreExams
September 1st 2009, 01:44 PM
VEE is a joke, NEAS makes it a dumb joke.

iromio
September 1st 2009, 02:57 PM
VEE is a joke, NEAS makes it a dumb joke.

what do u mean NME, is it very easy?...hv u taken these..can anybody tell how much time one need to devote for all three VEEs?

NoMoreExams
September 1st 2009, 03:00 PM
what do u mean NME, is it very easy?...hv u taken these..can anybody tell how much time one need to devote for all three VEEs?

I had credit from college. My co-worker took both stats at the same time and studied for them for a day before getting 90%+ on both.

mandersonjr
September 1st 2009, 08:23 PM
Ill be taking the vee with NEAS since its so easy haha thanks NME:coolman:

NoMoreExams
September 1st 2009, 08:55 PM
Ill be taking the vee with NEAS since its so easy haha thanks NME:coolman:

My co-worker IS smarter than the average so... better be safe and make it 2 days :coolman:

mandersonjr
September 2nd 2009, 01:39 PM
haha thanks NME, Ill keep that in mind:goofy: How far are you along in your asa?

NoMoreExams
September 2nd 2009, 08:05 PM
haha thanks NME, Ill keep that in mind:goofy: How far are you along in your asa?

Need MFE and modules.

mandersonjr
September 3rd 2009, 11:44 AM
Thats good, do you currently have an actuary job? and not to be nosey, when are you going to finish the modules and mfe?

NoMoreExams
September 3rd 2009, 12:34 PM
Thats good, do you currently have an actuary job? and not to be nosey, when are you going to finish the modules and mfe?

Yep. Working on MFE now, so hopefully in November and then do modules.

mandersonjr
September 3rd 2009, 01:00 PM
thats good, which exam so far was the hardest to you?

iromio
September 3rd 2009, 01:10 PM
One more question from my side...is there any particular reason to go for MLC and C prior to MFE?....and how much time(approximately) you devoted to prepare for MLC and C (Please tell separately for both)?..Thanks in advance.

NoMoreExams
September 3rd 2009, 01:25 PM
Honestly? Probably MLC but I didn't really devote serious time to any of them, I half-a$$ed pretty much all of the first tries (except FM which is why I passed on first try... that and it was the first sitting of FM :)).

I probably spent more time overall on MLC but I had a much better stats base knowledge so C wasn't that bad (though I did get a higher grade on MLC than C)

mandersonjr
September 3rd 2009, 04:04 PM
Just wondering. On average, how many hours did you study for each exam?

NoMoreExams
September 3rd 2009, 04:37 PM
Just wondering. On average, how many hours did you study for each exam?

If you add up the hours from all the attempts, probably the 100/hr of exam rule fit pretty well.