PDA

View Full Version : When do we need VEE?

kross_fingers
March 3rd 2006, 11:52 AM
Hello, I'm studing for my first exam, but I just found that I have to pass VEE. I don't currently study in college in US. I have 3 years education in applied math, but I got it in Ukraine- country where I came from. So, my questions are do i need to show them classes in math, econ and finance, before exam? do I have to take the same courses in US, that I took in Ukraine? Do I have to be currently enrolled in college and take some classes?
P.S. I've already checked couple web-saits with general information, but it's not enough.
Thanks!

mallkins
March 3rd 2006, 10:40 PM
You cannot claim VEE credits until after you have passed 2 exams, so get those first.

yos9694
March 5th 2006, 07:42 PM
You cannot claim VEE credits until after you have passed 2 exams, so get those first.
Yeah, that's true. You won't need to think about VEE until later on in your exam career, and you don't have to "show them" anything until you're ready to become an associate. But you can find out if your university courses will qualify you for an exemption from the SOA(not likely for a Ukranian school). If not, you can take an exemption exam-no big deal if you know the stuff already-once you have two exams under your belt.

kross_fingers
March 5th 2006, 08:20 PM
<But you can find out if your university courses will qualify you for an exemption from the SOA(not likely for a Ukranian school)>
could u tell me more how the exemption works?
P>S> thanks:)

kross_fingers
March 5th 2006, 08:21 PM
thank you:)

yos9694
March 8th 2006, 11:39 AM
Check out the soa.org version of my answer. Included is a list of accepted universities.
http://www.soa.org/ccm/content/exams-education-jobs/education-redesign/process-for-validation-by-educational-experience/

mhsmith
November 14th 2006, 11:27 AM
I think that you can also get credit for getting a high enough score on the AP exams, which some people took back in high school (I'd assume that for international students the IB would be taken as well, but I don't know for sure).