PDA

View Full Version : Exam P in September

Act18
April 11th 2005, 11:45 AM
Hi,

Can somebody please tell me the date for the exam P to be held in September.Also will there be no exam P in November this year .

Thanks

wat
April 12th 2005, 01:39 PM
Hi,

Can somebody please tell me the date for the exam P to be held in September.Also will there be no exam P in November this year .

Thanks

There is no Exam P offered in November. Starting in September (I don't think they've picked a date yet), Exam P will be a computer-based test. It will be offered more frequently than just twice a year.

Act18
April 12th 2005, 06:22 PM
There is no Exam P offered in November. Starting in September (I don't think they've picked a date yet), Exam P will be a computer-based test. It will be offered more frequently than just twice a year.

Thanks for your reply.

In case if the exam is computer based , then would we have the option of returning back to the questions that we dont answer in the first try,like we can do in the paper based exam.

Thanks for ur help.

wat
April 12th 2005, 06:40 PM
Thanks for your reply.

In case if the exam is computer based , then would we have the option of returning back to the questions that we dont answer in the first try,like we can do in the paper based exam.

Thanks for ur help.

I would assume so. I've heard the GRE has a practice where they do not allow you to review past questions you've answered/skipped. I don't see the SOA instituting that practice into their computer-based exam(s).

krzysio
April 12th 2005, 09:00 PM
The date/dates of the September exam have not been announced yet.
Yours,
Krzys'

goldfish802
April 14th 2005, 05:34 PM
The SOA website says the dates for the September exam in US and Canada are Sept. 26-28
All other countries are Sept. 26

Registration is due July 22- Hope this helps!

wat
April 14th 2005, 05:58 PM
The SOA website says the dates for the September exam in US and Canada are Sept. 26-28
All other countries are Sept. 26

Registration is due July 22- Hope this helps!

Awesome. That should help out a lot of people out there.

becoin
April 20th 2005, 02:01 PM
Do we need to have VEE before we can register the first Exam? I am thinking about to take the Exam P in Sep maybe, but I have no idea about VEE. Thanks in advance.

wat
April 20th 2005, 02:33 PM
Do we need to have VEE before we can register the first Exam? I am thinking about to take the Exam P in Sep maybe, but I have no idea about VEE. Thanks in advance.

Nope. VEE can be done at any time, but you can't get any credentials without VEE. Ideally, they'd like you to finish it while in college, at the same time taking the first couple exams, but if you wish to, you can pass all the requirements to get your ASA before satisfying any of the VEE, and it'll be okay.

The VEE topics don't really affect the other exams. Maybe the economics & finance will give you some background in taking Course 6, but Course 6 won't be around by the time you're ready to take it. So, start studying for Exam P and register whenever you feel like it.