PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal with VEE

bdenyer
April 2nd 2006, 11:02 PM
I was just browsing the SOA website probably for the thousandth time today (waiting for P results ;) ) and it said that the VEE exams will be "offered through 2006". Does this mean that after 2006 you can't take them, or that they will be instituting a new system, or is there something I don't know about? Thanks in advance.

-B

http://www.soa.org/ccm/content/exams-education-jobs/education-redesign/process-for-validation-by-educational-experience/

wat
April 3rd 2006, 03:07 AM
I was just browsing the SOA website probably for the thousandth time today (waiting for P results ;) ) and it said that the VEE exams will be "offered through 2006". Does this mean that after 2006 you can't take them, or that they will be instituting a new system, or is there something I don't know about? Thanks in advance.

-B

http://www.soa.org/ccm/content/exams-education-jobs/education-redesign/process-for-validation-by-educational-experience/

It means that the CAS will guarantee VEE exams that they've been holding through 2006, at a very minimum. Translation: We (SOA/CAS jointly speaking) should have something else instituted than just these VEE exams, but we're still looking into it. We should have something at the end of 2 years (they first started this in 2005), but we reserve the right to continue these exams in the future.

bdenyer
April 3rd 2006, 11:51 AM
It means that the CAS will guarantee VEE exams that they've been holding through 2006, at a very minimum. Translation: We (SOA/CAS jointly speaking) should have something else instituted than just these VEE exams, but we're still looking into it. We should have something at the end of 2 years (they first started this in 2005), but we reserve the right to continue these exams in the future.

I figured it might be something like that, but the SOA wasn't too clear on its website (surprise, surprise ;) ). Thanks for the response.

-B

Chitown26
July 16th 2006, 12:19 AM
I will be a junior in college this fall, and I just passed Exam FM. That's the only exam I have taken. I didn't know anything about the VEE exams until today. When should I start "worrying" about them? I still need to take Exam P in early 2007, and apparently the VEE system might be different then.

I also have heard I don't have to take the VEE exams until I apply for the Associateships.

Also, are we supposed to take all of the VEE exams to qualify for VEE? If I take all the college courses listed for my university in bdenyer's link above, I can pass out of the VEE and not have to take any other exams for VEE?

maryland
July 16th 2006, 01:32 PM
So does this mean its pretty important to get two exams passed and then submit the VEE form(s) ASAP if you have the coursework completed? Or is there a good chance they'll wind up not excepting VEE's in a shortwhile anyway?