PDA

View Full Version : Exam FM in May sitting?

ShaggY15
April 4th 2010, 11:08 PM
Hey,

This is my first post but I have been reading tons of threads for the past few weeks or so. I recently passed Exam P (received the preliminary pass) and wondering if I should attempt FM in the May sitting. I am in a co-op program for my university so the winter term (Jan 2010 - May 2010) I am working full-time and often get studying done when I get home. I did this for P and was successful in passing, although it was my second try. My university starts up again first week of May and I will be taking a full course load.

My question is, should I spend the month of April and half of May to study for FM and attempt it in the May sitting? I really want to have at least 2 exams passed before my next co-op term, which is Sept 2010 - Dec 2010. This would be my second co-op work term so I want to get an entry level Actuarial job to enhance my practical experience. I believe 2 exams pass would be a big plus for me and I would have better chances of getting a job. The only problem I have with the August sitting is that it would be during my finals. I really don`t want to be studying for 5 finals + FM.

Do I have enough time to adequately prepare myself for the FM exam? A big plus for me is that in Fall 2009, I took a university course that covered more than half of the syllabus. I am familiar with interest theory and would really only need to learn the derivative market part.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks