PDA

View Full Version : Best

.Godspeed.
April 25th 2006, 06:45 PM
I wish everyone the best on CAS 3 tomorrow morning. Let's go finish this one off.

wat
April 25th 2006, 06:47 PM
I wish everyone the best on CAS 3 tomorrow morning. Let's go finish this one off.

Good luck!

audrey
April 25th 2006, 10:44 PM
:D all the best!!! all the best!!! all the best!!!
remember to let everybody know you pass it!!!

.Godspeed.
April 27th 2006, 12:41 AM
Well, how goes it? Answered 34, left 6 blank, sure I missed around 5 or more . . . we shall see!

wat
April 27th 2006, 12:43 AM
Well, how goes it?
I should be asking you! Did it go well?

.Godspeed.
April 27th 2006, 12:46 AM
I should be asking you! Did it go well?
Well, on the other forum, I've pretty much figured out I've missed at least 3, and I realized in psychology today that I missed another one, lol. Hopefully it will stay between around 4 and 6 missed, but I dunno. I know the Life Con saved me; by taking all of the Ms multiple times and what not, I think I really understood it.

wat
April 27th 2006, 04:06 AM
Well, on the other forum, I've pretty much figured out I've missed at least 3, and I realized in psychology today that I missed another one, lol. Hopefully it will stay between around 4 and 6 missed, but I dunno. I know the Life Con saved me; by taking all of the Ms multiple times and what not, I think I really understood it.

Yeah, but even with the guessing corrections, don't you need somewhere around 25-26 correct?

Irish Blues
April 27th 2006, 12:04 PM
Yeah, but even with the guessing corrections, don't you need somewhere around 25-26 correct?
Last time I had 25 correct and 5 incorrect - which got 47.5 for my score and I passed. I have no idea what the pass mark was for Fall '05 but in Spring '05 it was 49.0 and the Fall exam was (by all accounts) more difficult.

If .Godspeed. answered 34 and missed 6, that's still 53 points ... which is around the 75th percentile historically. The worst case scenario is that he missed 8 or more, which then puts his score at 48 with 8 incorrect (take another 1.5 points off for each additional question answered incorrectly) and then it's starting to get iffy.

.Godspeed.
May 1st 2006, 07:43 PM
Last time I had 25 correct and 5 incorrect - which got 47.5 for my score and I passed. I have no idea what the pass mark was for Fall '05 but in Spring '05 it was 49.0 and the Fall exam was (by all accounts) more difficult.

If .Godspeed. answered 34 and missed 6, that's still 53 points ... which is around the 75th percentile historically. The worst case scenario is that he missed 8 or more, which then puts his score at 48 with 8 incorrect (take another 1.5 points off for each additional question answered incorrectly) and then it's starting to get iffy.
Update: The CAS released the exam today, yet I still don't have my exam booklet. However, I'm pretty confident in getting 26 right and missing 4, and because I left 6 blank, that still leaves 4 more questions I could have gotten. I'm simply not sure what I put. I reworked them, and it looks like I should have gotten them all; I'm just not sure if I marked one of them correctly, so I'm thinking I got 3 of these 4 right. If so, I would finish with 29 right, 5 wrong, but we'll see once my booklet comes in.

.Godspeed.
May 2nd 2006, 03:23 PM
Update: The CAS released the exam today, yet I still don't have my exam booklet. However, I'm pretty confident in getting 26 right and missing 4, and because I left 6 blank, that still leaves 4 more questions I could have gotten. I'm simply not sure what I put. I reworked them, and it looks like I should have gotten them all; I'm just not sure if I marked one of them correctly, so I'm thinking I got 3 of these 4 right. If so, I would finish with 29 right, 5 wrong, but we'll see once my booklet comes in.
Final update: After going over the booklet, assuming I marked my answer key the same way I marked the booklet, I was actually better than my pre-booklet estimate, and I believe I'm at a safe point total to pass (50+). We shall see.

Got graduation in a few weeks, so I won't be able to really start on 6 for a while. Plus, I just need a break. Irish, are you going for 6 after you pass C in May?

wat
May 2nd 2006, 04:04 PM
Final update: After going over the booklet, assuming I marked my answer key the same way I marked the booklet, I was actually better than my pre-booklet estimate, and I believe I'm at a safe point total to pass (50+). We shall see.

Got graduation in a few weeks, so I won't be able to really start on 6 for a while. Plus, I just need a break. Irish, are you going for 6 after you pass C in May?

Good job! :D

Krieger
May 9th 2006, 04:19 AM
How is your CAS 3 exam graded? I'm assuming there's a guessing penalty if .Godspeed is leaving six blank.

.Godspeed.
May 9th 2006, 12:03 PM
How is your CAS 3 exam graded? I'm assuming there's a guessing penalty if .Godspeed is leaving six blank.
For each correct response, you are awarded 2 points.
For each incorrect response, you lose .5 points.
As you can see from this link (http://casact.org/admissions/passmarks/exam3.pdf), typically passmarks range between 45-49 points.
I was completely unsure on the six I left blank, and I felt I would have enough points, so I just left them blank.

.Godspeed.
June 20th 2006, 02:24 PM
After nearly eight weeks, the pass is now official! Congratulations to all who passed, and condolences to those who did not.

wat
June 20th 2006, 05:14 PM
After nearly eight weeks, the pass is now official! Congratulations to all who passed, and condolences to those who did not.

Good job! Congrats, .Godspeed.!