PDA

View Full Version : Are all pensions jobs in consulting firms?

Morlee
May 13th 2006, 09:14 AM
Pensions strike me as an interesting field, but one of the reasons I'm changing careers is to find a better life balance. I don't mind overtime during a temporary crunch, but I want it to be limited and fairly predictable. My impression is that I can get that at an insurance company, but not a consulting firm. Are there pension jobs out there that would give me that life balance?

FSA
May 13th 2006, 07:36 PM
Yes, but most pension jobs are going to be with consulting firms. There are insurance companies and government agencies who hire pension actuaries, but my hunch is they typically want some experience. I would recommend that you not limit yourself to merely pensions as there are other financial instruments that are interesting as well.

ntvinh986
November 9th 2009, 06:11 AM
Pensions strike me as an interesting field, but one of the reasons I'm changing careers is to find a better life balance. I don't mind overtime during a temporary crunch, but I want it to be limited and fairly predictable. My impression is that I can get that at an insurance company, but not a consulting firm. Are there pension jobs out there that would give me that life balance?

Hi all, I am a new member of forum. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guys!!!