PDA

View Full Version : Exam M.. NOV 2006 or May 2007.. wat do u guys think ?

audrey
June 5th 2006, 01:51 PM
SInce SOA is going to change the syllabus, should I take M in Nov 06 or wait for setting in May 07?

I am a rising senior and will be graduating in May 07. Usually student in my univeristy wait till May to take Exam M, only a few pass M before they graduate. If I wait till May, I will have to take 5 hrs exam (more materials).

Well.. I heard that adding the new materials suppose to make the exam easier to pass but I am pessimistic about it. They also split it up in to 2 settings so you can take Part 1 in May then part 2 in Nov. Hmm.. longer time to pass Exam M. I wonder how companies will react to that too because they usually rise the salary once you pass an exam.

Any suggestions? Nov? May?

.Godspeed.
June 5th 2006, 02:38 PM
SInce SOA is going to change the syllabus, should I take M in Nov 06 or wait for setting in May 07?

I am a rising senior and will be graduating in May 07. Usually student in my univeristy wait till May to take Exam M, only a few pass M before they graduate. If I wait till May, I will have to take 5 hrs exam (more materials).

Well.. I heard that adding the new materials suppose to make the exam easier to pass but I am pessimistic about it. They also split it up in to 2 settings so you can take Part 1 in May then part 2 in Nov. Hmm.. longer time to pass Exam M. I wonder how companies will react to that too because they usually rise the salary once you pass an exam.

Any suggestions? Nov? May?
If you have passed both P and FM, I see no reason not to take it in November. If you decide to take it in November, start studying now. The longer you wait, the more time you will lose. Starting early makes the journey much easier.