PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Tutor in the US

cannona
July 24th 2006, 01:51 PM
I need a tutor for calculus II and exam P-1. If you have taken both, feel like you know the material well enough to tutor someone on it, are relatively good at explaining mathematical concepts, are authorized to work in the USA, can start immediately (and I do mean immediately) and don't mind working for $10.30 an hour, feel free to contact me at cannona[at]gmail.com. In your email, give me your phone number and let me know when you can start. If you still have questions, that's fine. Leave me your number anyway, and I'll call you and answer them.

As long as you meet the above requirements, it doesn't matter where you live in the US. Note however that you will also need either a high-speed connection and a microphone and headset, or a land-line telephone that you can use for extended periods while tutoring me.

I need to find someone as quickly as possible, so if you think you might be interested, please contact me ASAP.

Normally it wouldn’t matter if you lived outside the US, but those are the rules of the person whose paying the bills (not me).

Thanks and I look forward to working with you.

Sincerely
Aaron cannon

Anna
July 29th 2006, 12:29 AM
How in the world are you going to find a capable tutor of calculus and probability for the pay that you're offering? That's ridiculous. I'm a college student and I've charged more than three times that amount for high school level math tutoring. And even that was very reasonable and relatively inexpensive. Just think about it! Ten bucks an hour- that's practically pay for unskilled labor!

Ken
July 29th 2006, 04:23 AM
I also used to charge an arm and a leg for tutoring, but since you're tutoring online, you can probably do other stuff while you help the person. Plus it's just a proposition. Let the invisible hand work its magic.