PDA

View Full Version : from Angel india

angelmitra
July 27th 2006, 11:54 PM
Hi,

Good day to everybody. Can anyone help me with my situation. I am an IT professional with basic degree in Statistics and an MBA . I am in IT Field for last 23 years . Now I do not see much future for me in it. I am 46 years old. I plan to clear the Exams of ASI in India. Can anybody guide me and help me to evaluate my decision.

cheers

Angel:)

angelmitra
July 28th 2006, 06:47 AM
Hope some Actuary can help

Mirza
August 3rd 2006, 09:42 AM
Hope some Actuary can help
I was in IT as well before I decided to change to Actuarial profession. Switch is not easy. You will need to spend a lot of time studying, and be prepared to not have an actuarial job for a few years after you decide to switch.

angelmitra
August 9th 2006, 05:07 AM
Thanks for the reply Mirza .
I am 46 years old. Is it possible to start a career in Actuary at this age ? Pl. advice

Mirza
August 10th 2006, 07:21 AM
Thanks for the reply Mirza .
I am 46 years old. Is it possible to start a career in Actuary at this age ? Pl. advice

Yes it is. My father was in his early fifties when he became an actuary. One thing he had going against him was that his english is not perfect. One thing he got going for him was that he has PHD in math.

My father is not the only one that started late. I am working with an older russian imigrant who also started in his forties.

It is not easy to become an actuary tho. I had to pass two exams to get a job. My father had couple of exams passed as well.

angelmitra
August 11th 2006, 07:20 AM
Thank you very much Mirza for your inspiring reply. I am now decided to appear for the oct'06 exam. It is you who
really helped me to decide. If you find time write me at my mail id angelmitra@hotmail.com
If I can get your mail id.

Regards

Angel

SCIGEEK
August 11th 2006, 06:03 PM
Hi

Are u in Kolkata?

Why don't u send me an email at tridib_dutta@hotmail.com

I am also thinking of becoming an actuary.

Take care.

SCIGEEK
August 11th 2006, 06:14 PM
Yes it is. My father was in his early fifties when he became an actuary. One thing he had going against him was that his english is not perfect. One thing he got going for him was that he has PHD in math.

My father is not the only one that started late. I am working with an older russian imigrant who also started in his forties.

It is not easy to become an actuary tho. I had to pass two exams to get a job. My father had couple of exams passed as well.

Hi Mirza,

CAN u get in touch with me. dutta.tridib@gmail.com ?

I am trying to get into Actuarial profession.

Thanks.

nitin
January 6th 2008, 10:47 AM
it is never late to start
order the study material start self and continuous studies and u will achieve your aim