PDA

View Full Version : Difference between MLC and Exam 3L

prathimarao
October 11th 2011, 10:48 AM
Hello everyone,
I am preparing for Exam 3L. Could any one let me know how different is exam MLC from 3L?
Also the syllabus for 3L states that "The CAS will grant credit for CAS Exam 3L to those who successfully complete SOA Exam MLC (Models for Life Contingencies) in the current education structure."
Does that mean if we clear MLC exam , do we get credit for 3L exam as I would like to pursue casualty path?
I have used TIA for exam P and FM. also could anyone tell me if there is any live seminar available for this exam?

any help would be appreciated.

thanks,
prathima.

NoMoreExams
October 11th 2011, 12:53 PM
Hello everyone,
I am preparing for Exam 3L. Could any one let me know how different is exam MLC from 3L?
Also the syllabus for 3L states that "The CAS will grant credit for CAS Exam 3L to those who successfully complete SOA Exam MLC (Models for Life Contingencies) in the current education structure."
Does that mean if we clear MLC exam , do we get credit for 3L exam as I would like to pursue casualty path?
I have used TIA for exam P and FM. also could anyone tell me if there is any live seminar available for this exam?

any help would be appreciated.

thanks,
prathima.

The best way to find out how the exams are different would be to look at the syllabus for each exam.

Yes. If you pass MLC, you will get credit for 3L (not sure if you have to apply or if it's automatic). If you pass 3L, you do not credit for MLC.