PDA

View Full Version : Vacation Time

maryland
August 10th 2006, 06:07 PM
For those of you with full time jobs, could you let me know what kind of company and field you work for (Insurance-Auto for example) and how much time off you get annually (entry level and then how it increases as you stay)?

Thanks!

wat
August 10th 2006, 07:24 PM
For those of you with full time jobs, could you let me know what kind of company and field you work for (Insurance-Auto for example) and how much time off you get annually (entry level and then how it increases as you stay)?

Thanks!

I'm in life insurance, and I believe our structure is 10 days/year after your first anniversary and 15 days/year after your 5th. I think there might be even 20 days/year after the 10th or 15th, but I'm not sure about that.

YKT
August 10th 2006, 07:32 PM

Thanks!

I'm in life insurance, and I believe our structure is 10 days/year after your first anniversary and 15 days/year after your 5th. I think there might be even 20 days/year after the 10th or 15th, but I'm not sure about that.

I'm in life insurance too. I have 10 days after 12 months and beginning with the fifth year, I will receive one additional day per year up to 25 days.

Ken
August 11th 2006, 02:40 AM
I am P&C entry-level and start with 19 days, get 24 after the 5th year, 29 after he 10th, and 34 if you work 10 more. Have the option to buy or sell 5 days.

maryland
August 11th 2006, 06:27 PM
Great thanks for the responses guys. I thought of another question. Any chance anybody's company still offers a pension plan? Or is it just 401Ks?

Thanks again

Ken
August 11th 2006, 10:26 PM
I get both. Thanks.

Trojan_Horse
August 12th 2006, 06:48 AM
15 days vacation to start and a few floating holidays. We have a 401k and a pension. We also work on flex-time, which means there is no set schedule; some of my coworkers come in at 5am, some at 2pm.

maryland
August 12th 2006, 01:06 PM
15 days vacation to start and a few floating holidays. We have a 401k and a pension. We also work on flex-time, which means there is no set schedule; some of my coworkers come in at 5am, some at 2pm.

Good point. This is also something I will consider when I take my first real position.

Thanks again everyone.