PDA

View Full Version : Hyperbolic Assumption for fractional ages

ErikY
August 14th 2006, 01:16 PM
I am using the Actex exam M manual for fall of 06 and just got to the fractional age assumptions. The manual states that we need to know constant force and UDD assumptions, but not hyperbolic. I could have sworn that I read somewhere that hyperbolic was added to this sitting as well as constant force. I know last sitting it was just UDD.

Can anyone confirm this for me?

wat
August 14th 2006, 01:58 PM
I am using the Actex exam M manual for fall of 06 and just got to the fractional age assumptions. The manual states that we need to know constant force and UDD assumptions, but not hyperbolic. I could have sworn that I read somewhere that hyperbolic was added to this sitting as well as constant force. I know last sitting it was just UDD.

Yeah, the hyperbolic assumption should be on the exam. It's possible Actex did not update their manual for the expected changes.

It's learning outcome #2c in the SOA Fall Catalog under Exam M.

krzysio
August 16th 2006, 10:24 AM

Balducci (i.e., hyperbolic assumption) was not on the test in May 2006, and it was added in November 2006. So old editions of manuals will not have it. Now that it is added, I would give it 100% probability of being on the test. I cover in my manual and I strongly encourage you to memorize the key formulas for this assumption.

Yours,
Krzys'

bork
August 23rd 2006, 09:14 AM
Is the hyperbolic assumption the only change to the exam that's added to the Nov sitting, or are there other changes?

krzysio
August 25th 2006, 01:16 AM
Is the hyperbolic assumption the only change to the exam that's added to the Nov sitting, or are there other changes?

The other topics were smaller in scope, and I wrote practice exercises for them posted on May 20 and June 3 in this forum. Take a look at those exercises.

Yours,
Krzys'

bork
August 25th 2006, 03:29 PM
The other topics were smaller in scope, and I wrote practice exercises for them posted on May 20 and June 3 in this forum. Take a look at those exercises.

Yours,
Krzys'

Thanks for the exercises, but I don't see any changes from the previous material. What are the names of these changes and where are they spelled out?Thanks.

krzysio
August 25th 2006, 03:53 PM
Thanks for the exercises, but I don't see any changes from the previous material. What are the names of these changes and where are they spelled out?Thanks.

Take a look at the SOA web site and the catalog. These are exactly the additional topics covered, in addition to the Balducci fractional age assumption. They might not look like new material, I agree. But they were announced as such.

Yours,
Krzys'

fengxinzi
November 1st 2007, 03:35 PM

Yours,
Krzys'

Hi Prof,

I've checked the practice questions you posted on this forum for May 20 and June 3, 2006, seems not the type of questions for Balducci fractional age assumption. Please advice. Thanks!

krzysio
November 1st 2007, 11:50 PM
Hi Prof,

I've checked the practice questions you posted on this forum for May 20 and June 3, 2006, seems not the type of questions for Balducci fractional age assumption. Please advice. Thanks!

I stand corrrected:
August 26, 2006
September 9, 2006
Yours,
Krzys'