PDA

View Full Version : Exam FM Study group in Raleigh, NC

brianhfield
February 3rd 2012, 11:01 AM
Anyone preparing for the June 2012 Exam FM in Raleigh, NC? I am...

Nusha
February 23rd 2012, 03:21 AM
Hi Brianfield, I'm from Mauritius. I have actually started the preparation of June Exam FM.

brianhfield
February 25th 2012, 10:56 AM
Great! How far along are you? I have finished the sections on Interest Theory, Anuities, and Loans (mostly). I am starting the Bond Pricing very soon.....any interest in setting up a study schedule together?

Nusha
February 28th 2012, 06:57 AM
Yeah I would appreciate that we set up a study schedule together. I have started with annuities and shall complete it by this week. By the way which study manual are you using for the preparation? I'm making use of A Basic Course in the Theory of Interest and Derivatives
Markets:A Preparation for the Actuarial Exam FM/2.

brianhfield
February 29th 2012, 08:22 AM
Nusha,

I am using The Infinite Actuary. I can get together starting next weekend.....this might work out well since I would like to review the section that follows annuities in TIA, namely, Project Appraisals and Loans (if you agree.) I can provide 156 practice problems from past exams which are provided with the TIA subscription - I will bring them and we can try to get through as many as we can. Sound good? AFter Project Appraisals and Loans, TIA moves to Bond Valuation, Term Structure, Duration (and convexity etc.) and then on to Derivatives....

Brian