PDA

View Full Version : SOA M changes for Fall 2006?

bork
August 25th 2006, 03:01 PM
What's the link on the SOA website that specifies the changes for fall 06? Did they post practice problems illustrating those changes? Thanks.

sissi2009
September 8th 2006, 03:02 AM
I think it does not change
Last day,I went to the exam center to register for the exam M and exam C. My teacher told me that the studying materials remain the same as spring2006.

Irish Blues
September 8th 2006, 05:47 AM
The changes take effect beginning with May 2007. The November 2006 exam will be the last under the current syllabus.

ctperng
September 8th 2006, 09:10 AM
There is still a tiny difference between the May and Nov syllabi for exam M. Look at the Fall 2006 syllabus regarding the revision:

(1) Another textbook has been included as an alternative to Acturial Mathematics. For the latter, there is slight adjustment about the sections in the readings. (The sections modified were put in bold face.)
(2) The important difference is the addition of Balducci (hyperbolic) assumptions.

See also the thread

http://www.actuary.com/actuarial-discussion-forum/showthread.php?t=2569

ctperng

loae
September 8th 2006, 11:32 PM
Is Balducci on models for quantifying risk?

krzysio
September 8th 2006, 11:59 PM
Is Balducci on models for quantifying risk?

Balcucci assumption is the hyperbolic fractional age assumption.
It has been added in November 2006. Also, some topics in multiple lives, marginal ones, have been added. I have posted several problems recently specifically on these new topics, see the sticky thread in this forum where I post practice exercises, together with Dr. Kubicka.
Yours,
Krzys' Ostaszewski

krzysio
September 9th 2006, 05:07 PM
Passing exam M this November gives you:
- M this November,
- CAS 3 this November,
- Not having to take MLC next year,
- Not having to take MFE next year,
- Learning a bit over the third of the material that will be on C starting in 2007, as a substantial portion of M is being moved to C effective May 2007.

I really do not see why anyone would postpone taking M given this setup.

Yours,
Krzys' Ostaszewski

MathForMarines
September 10th 2006, 05:48 PM
Passing exam M this November gives you:
- M this November,
- CAS 3 this November,
- Not having to take MLC next year,
- Not having to take MFE next year,
- Learning a bit over the third of the material that will be on C starting in 2007, as a substantial portion of M is being moved to C effective May 2007.

I really do not see why anyone would postpone taking M given this setup.

Yours,
Krzys' Ostaszewski

That is... unless you want a break after passing two exams in one summer! :Dizzy: