PDA

View Full Version : I am so nervous for 5/25 - Is anyone testing at STONYBROOK, NY?

tuccillor
May 23rd 2005, 12:29 PM
Good luck everybody!

Today is my first day here on this website. It seems very interesting and friendly.

If I would have known that everyone here was so supportive and friendly, I would have came here sooner.

I am figuring everything out on my own. (pretty much)

For the past 3 months I have been studying independently for Exam P. I am not an actuary or a student; I am currently a HS math teacher that was laid off due to cuts in the budget.

If I could pass exam P, then I will change my profession from teacher to actuary.

I AM SO NERVOUS. I wish you all the best of Luck.

Is anyone testing at Stonybrook, NY?

columbia64
May 23rd 2005, 01:16 PM
I live in the area and will take the first exam at Stony Brook in september. Good luck on yours on the 25th. I'm pretty much on my own too in term of studying. Hope you could share some insight. my email is columbia64@yahoo.com

krzysio
May 23rd 2005, 11:36 PM
There are many, many, many actuaries who are former high school mathematics teachers. It's not just the money, it is also the widespread conspiracy not to teach mathematics in American high schools. The objective is to not educate Americans in mathematics, and combine this with having a free market economy that creates massive number of jobs for people with mathematical skills. The non-American counterpart to this conspiracy is all other countries that teach mathematics in high schools, yet refuse to have an open economy that would create jobs for them. I am just trying to figure out the objective of this conspiracy -- is it to bring all foreigners skilled in mathematics to the United States? This might be an effective long-term military strategy for global domination by the United States, but I have not worked out the details yet. In any case, I have heard somewhere that as many as 20% of actuaries are former mathematics teachers and they geneally make good actuaries because they actually know how to communicate their mathematics, not just do it.

So ... good luck. Relax the night before exam and analyze my global conspiracy theory. But first download all of my practice problems.

Yours,
Krzys' Ostaszewski

Good luck everybody!

Today is my first day here on this website. It seems very interesting and friendly.

If I would have known that everyone here was so supportive and friendly, I would have came here sooner.

I am figuring everything out on my own. (pretty much)

For the past 3 months I have been studying independently for Exam P. I am not an actuary or a student; I am currently a HS math teacher that was laid off due to cuts in the budget.

If I could pass exam P, then I will change my profession from teacher to actuary.

I AM SO NERVOUS. I wish you all the best of Luck.

Is anyone testing at Stonybrook, NY?

Modog814
May 24th 2005, 02:01 AM
I too am taking Exam P in Stonybrook on 5/25 and nervous about it, although not as nervous as I was a couple days ago.

I've figured out pretty much everything on my own and have been studying hard since Jan. Only a year removed from college graduation.

Best of luck to you.

Modog814@aol.com

tuccillor
May 24th 2005, 09:09 PM
Well thank you for your replies.

This is the first time I am hearing of your Conspiracy Theory, however, that is not my intent. (I assure you)

Unfortunately, I was laid off. I have been teaching for 4 years and yet I have not been able to obtain tenure. (All for the same reasons...Budget cuts.)

It is frustrating. I could be the best teacher in the world, and yet, if I was the last one hired, I am the first on the list of people to be laid off.

hey Modog! See you there!