PDA

View Full Version : which calculator worked the best for you for the FM2 exam??

dizzie091
May 14th 2012, 12:09 PM
hey i was wondering which calculator worked the best for them while taking the FM2 exam?? is a TI-30XA fine??

trsspidey
June 12th 2012, 11:00 AM
you will DEFINITELY want to bring a financial calculator. The BAII is a very good choice.

Many (including myself) used both calcs on the exam. Financial for Time Value of Money calculations and and the TI-30 Multiview for regular arithmetic. You could try to do it without a financial calculator..... but that would be a serious waste of time and really put yourself in some tricky spots.

Thegoat
August 27th 2012, 04:02 PM
I passed FM the other week and I used both the TI-30XIIS and the BAII plus professional (though I think you could get away with the BAII plus). The TI is better suited to more simple calculations, the BAII can really save you a lot of time on bond and annuity problems in particular though it is a little more cumbersome on the simple calculations and it leaves less of an audit trail. I would recommend getting both and practicing problems with them so you know what kind of problem works best for you with each calculator.