PDA

View Full Version : Discussing Exam M, November 2006

nerdjyack
November 7th 2006, 12:33 AM
is it okay to talk about the Fall 2006 exam M already?

.Godspeed.
November 7th 2006, 12:50 AM
is it okay to talk about the Fall 2006 exam M already?
Nerdyjack, those in the States will not begin testing for another almost 8 hours. I believe you should hold off until 5PM eastern standard time.

Irish Blues
November 7th 2006, 09:29 AM
As a reminder to everyone overseas, Exam M is now underway in the Eastern Time Zone of the U.S. and will start shortly in the Central Time Zone; it won't start for another 2 hours on the West Coast, and even later in Hawaii. As such, please do not discuss the exam before at least 5:00 pm Eastern (or in 7 1/2 hours from now). At that point everyone who should be taking the exam will be in the exam room.

ErikY
November 7th 2006, 03:37 PM
I just got back from Exam M in NJ. I thought the latest possible start time for an exam was 11:30 Eastern Time which is 8:30 Pacific Time? I did not realize they went so late. I am curious to hear what people thought of the exam. I wont post any thoughts or comments until we are given the go ahead.

wat
November 7th 2006, 04:28 PM
I just got back from Exam M in NJ. I thought the latest possible start time for an exam was 11:30 Eastern Time which is 8:30 Pacific Time? I did not realize they went so late. I am curious to hear what people thought of the exam. I wont post any thoughts or comments until we are given the go ahead.

There is a test center out in Hawaii, and the exam starts at 1:30pm EST.

It's probably safe to discuss after 5pm EST (in about a 1/2 hour) because there is still the remote possibility that someone could leave to go to the "bathroom" and view this site for help.

Thanks for all your cooperation!

FerrariEnzo
November 7th 2006, 09:44 PM
It is all Over :)
I found out this Exam is relatively easy compare to May 2006, which I failed. Howeever I guessed arround 10 questions and filled up with all E, since I only have 3 or 4 "E"s out of 30s.

I hope I could pass with a 7, and if lucky a "8". But wondering what range would result in a score of 8

cheer ~~
:)

cmoibenlepro
November 7th 2006, 10:45 PM
It was hard, but it was like I expected... :Smart:
I guessed 8 questions so I'm confident that I will pass.

bork
November 8th 2006, 07:09 AM
what is usually the minimum passmark for exam M?

cmoibenlepro
November 8th 2006, 08:32 AM
SOA doesn't release its passmarks :(

FerrariEnzo
November 8th 2006, 08:53 AM
I heard from other forum said the passing rate vary from 23 to 26 questions,
and passing population is arround 40%, which is lowest in the first four ? is it true, anyone can comfirm?

j2005
November 8th 2006, 09:27 AM
It looks like SOA is going to release Exam M soon at following link:
http://www.soa.org/STATIC/examinations.html.

ErikY
November 8th 2006, 09:29 AM
I found out this Exam is relatively easy compare to May 2006, which I failed. Howeever I guessed arround 10 questions and filled up with all E, since I only have 3 or 4 "E"s out of 30s.

I hope I could pass with a 7, and if lucky a "8". But wondering what range would result in a score of 8

cheer ~~

I also failed May 06 and found this exam to be easier than May 06. I am not sure if is because I was so much more prepared, or the questions were not as hard. It seemed to me that most of the questions had been asked in a similar form in previous questions this time, where May 06 had a lot of new types of questions. Well I guess now its time for the waiting game, I hate waiting 2 months for results!

cmoibenlepro
November 8th 2006, 09:47 AM
I hate waiting 2 months for results!
Me too! Since it's probably corrected by a machine, this delay seems unjustified...:Devil:

monkey2003
November 8th 2006, 11:41 AM

cheer ~~

GREAT... makes me feel better that someelse did the exact same thing i did. I also guessed on about 10 and they are all E since i only got 2 E... Anyone else do the same?

ErikY
November 8th 2006, 12:07 PM
Well, they just posted the exam and the correct answers. I went through question by question and I certainly dont remember all of my answers, but there were a few I remembered because they stood out to me. My final tally was 31 I feel good about, 2 I got flat out wrong, and 7 I completely guessed and my guesses were random so I cannot say if they were right or wrong. I would have to figure out of the 31 I feel good about, I probably got 5-6 wrong just from a stupid mistake, or not catching a trick, etc., which will probably put me at 25-26 plus maybe I guessed one right to put me at 26-27 which will probably be borderline for passing..... Oh well, nothing to do now but wait.

bv12
November 9th 2006, 08:38 AM
Isn't the target pass mark 60% which means the pass score will likely be 24 and possibly 25 if they found it to be too easy?

FerrariEnzo
November 9th 2006, 09:03 AM
Um... yes.. I guess this exam could consider "easy"
Just have a bad news, I checked the answer key
and I remembered the ten questions that I have guessed, ONLY 1 is "E"
which is question number 8.
I dont know if I will fail it again~~ this is not reasonable to release the result in 2 months~~ anyone know why it take so long ? I assume they mark it with a machine not by hand. :Sad:

Irish Blues
November 9th 2006, 09:17 AM
Isn't the target pass mark 60% which means the pass score will likely be 24 and possibly 25 if they found it to be too easy?
Not necessarily - everyone always assumes 60% is the pass mark. It's not an ironclad guarantee - 60% at least puts you in consideration for passing, but you could actually have 27 and not pass if the exam committee decided it was a pretty exam ... or they could decide it was a really hard exam and set the pass mark at 22.

cmoibenlepro
November 9th 2006, 10:58 PM
I think I got 31 or 32 so I will be correct :)

bv12
November 10th 2006, 08:08 AM
Um... yes.. I guess this exam could consider "easy"
Just have a bad news, I checked the answer key
and I remembered the ten questions that I have guessed, ONLY 1 is "E"
which is question number 8.
I dont know if I will fail it again~~ this is not reasonable to release the result in 2 months~~ anyone know why it take so long ? I assume they mark it with a machine not by hand. :Sad:

It has nothing to do with counting how many each person got right taking long. They now have to figure out what the pass score should be, if any problems should be thrown out etc.

FerrariEnzo
January 12th 2007, 12:22 PM
:confused: Is result out today (JAN-12)? anyone know what time (EST plz) and what is the link to check ? GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL,

Got the link to exam result: http://examresults.soa.org/
release date: Jan 12
time: unknown yet, tell me if u know, thx

wayno52
January 12th 2007, 02:13 PM
:confused: Is result out today (JAN-12)? anyone know what time (EST plz) and what is the link to check ? GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL,

Got the link to exam result: http://examresults.soa.org/
release date: Jan 12
time: unknown yet, tell me if u know, thx

3pm EST, apparently