PDA

View Full Version : Enrolled Actuary

ChrisJohnson
November 9th 2006, 08:43 AM
Hi Everyone. I have a few questions about the EA exams. I have passed exam one, and took exam 2 yesterday, and I am just hearing about the EA exams. It is not easy to navigate the SOA or CAS site to find information. Are these SOA only exams? I was told that passing these exams allows you to sign reports. Is this not something you get by becoming an Associate/Fellow anyway? For someone just starting the exam sequence, is there a real benefit to taking them? Are they as grueling as the main exam sequence? I would appreciate any information I can get.
Thanks,
Chris Johnson

Trojan_Horse
November 9th 2006, 10:18 AM
The EA exams are for people doing Pension work. Usually you need to be an EA in order to sign off on a pension plan. Associates and Fellows sign off of lots of various other reports ie. Financial statements, actuarial opinions, etc.

mreevit
November 9th 2006, 01:36 PM
To sign off on opinions and financial statements, you have to be a member of the american academy of actuaries.

Ayangyangka
August 18th 2009, 02:25 PM
I am preparing to take the EA exams. I did a graduate certificate in Actuary 2yrs ago and now I want to get into pension work by writing the EA exams. Has anyone written them and can you advice me on what books to buy to prepare for all these exams adequately? I do not want to buy every text book in the market. If I can buy just what is needed and pass without spending too much money then that would be an achievement.

I appreciate your help.

AMJ

The EA exams are for people doing Pension work. Usually you need to be an EA in order to sign off on a pension plan. Associates and Fellows sign off of lots of various other reports ie. Financial statements, actuarial opinions, etc.