PDA

View Full Version : ! Had a phone 'interview' and I have no idea what to do next !

nL72
December 25th 2006, 08:25 PM
Hey all!

I have a question. I have a phone 'interview' in mid-december from a consulting firm. I was getting ready for work and they called unexpectedly. Basically, the HR went over my resume and asked the normal questions(do you think you passed the exam .. why actuary...). I rushed answering the questions (late for work) and since it was totally unexpected, I did so-so. It lasted for I would say around 6 minutes. I wouldn't say if it's really a interview. Anyhow, she said she will pass on my resume at the end.

I'm actually not sure if they are going to call back or maybe call back after the exam results come out. I didn't get a rejection email from them neither, so I'm quite confused what to do next. Should I call (I don't have the HR email) the HR? Before or after the exam results come out in Janurary?

Someone please give me suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks!

Sneaky Pi
December 26th 2006, 05:18 PM
My friend is actually an interview consultant and I talked to her after this happened to me. She told me to call and tell them that you just wanted to follow up on the conversation you had and offer to answer any other questions so that they know that you are interested. She also told me that in the future if that happens to politely ask for the person's phone number and if it would be okay to call them in a few minutes so that you may have time to gather your resume and note taking materials, but it is really best to have everything in a binder next to the phone. Hope this helps, it helped me.

nL72
December 28th 2006, 05:09 PM
Should I call now(basically two weeks after they called) or should I wait to my result comes out in the second week of January?

Thank you again...

Sneaky Pi
December 28th 2006, 06:21 PM
I actually talked to my friend today and mentioned it to her. She said to call back now. When you call them ask if they would like you to notify them of your exam results, but if you put it off too long they will think that they were not a priority for you. Also you can gauge their interest by whether they want your exam results. I would make sure you are really prepared to talk with them this time though since it sounds like you didn't really have time to ''' them before.

nL72
December 29th 2006, 03:20 PM
Thank you so much Sneaky Pi!

I guess its too late to call them right now, I'll call them on tuesday after the new year(hopefully... they are in a good mood).

Again, thank you for your suggestions!

Sneaky Pi
January 2nd 2007, 02:08 PM
How did the call go? Hope it all turns out well for you.

nL72
January 4th 2007, 03:51 PM
I think she might be on vacation. Anyhow, I left a message(good/bad idea?) and said I will call her the next day.:Unsure:

Sneaky Pi
January 5th 2007, 07:34 AM
I think leaving a message is fine. That will give her time to look up who you are so she isn't caught off guard when you call back. I would try not to leave any other messages though, just keep trying for a real person.

nL72
January 8th 2007, 03:49 PM
I called. The position has been filled already! It's ok. That's what I expected. I didn't expect they would call anyway cause I heard they don't really sponsor Canadians. I want to be an American!! I don't have school anymore and I'm so clueless on whats coming next for me(and where to start)!?!

Thank you for the help Sneaky Pi! Lesson learned!

Denny Crane
January 10th 2007, 11:42 AM
Research NAFTA (North American Free Trade Agreement). You might be able to come in under that without being sponsored. I'm not sure on this but check into it.