PDA

View Full Version : Total Newbie Question regarding job searching

TimDH
December 30th 2006, 09:47 AM
I've noticed that Watson Wyatt has recently posted several openings for actuarial analysts at many different locations across the U.S. (and, yes, I am a U.S. citizen). Since I am very willing to relocate for a job, should I go ahead and apply for all the positions simultaneously, or is this unseemly?

mreevit
December 30th 2006, 04:06 PM
I think that when you apply at their website you can add multiple jobs to your "job basket" or you can select multiple locations. Either way, you won't be actually sending 15 different applications to 15 different offices. Your application will probably be reviewed by one HR person who will see all the jobs and locations that you have expressed interest.

Sherylian
January 1st 2007, 09:29 PM
Watson Wyatt is expanding now i believe, so they're hiring more actuaries. If you don't mind relocating, then select as many locations as you are willing to work at. That'll give you more options for sure.

Sneaky Pi
January 2nd 2007, 02:11 PM
What kind of position are you looking for? I know someone who works for WW Philly. I think they are looking for band 1s and 2s. The guy I know really likes it there, the environment and hours are pretty good.

TimDH
January 3rd 2007, 08:29 AM
What kind of position are you looking for? I know someone who works for WW Philly. I think they are looking for band 1s and 2s. The guy I know really likes it there, the environment and hours are pretty good.

I'm not in a position to apply just yet. I'm still waiting on the results of exam P, which I took in November. I hope to take exam FM in May. I'll graduate in December of 2007, so I probably won't apply for any position in earnest until after Labor Day. I just wanted to get such a basic question as the one I posted answered before I waded into the thick swamp of job searching.

Thank you and all the other posters for your input. I'm sure we've all had the fear of blowing a chance at something because we didn't know something that everyone else assumed we knew from the outset.