PDA

View Full Version : Exam C before Exam M

YKT
January 13th 2007, 12:19 PM
Hi everyone,

I want to take C exam in 2007 sitting without passing any M exams. However, I am worried about if Exam C and Exam M is related. I know we don't need to follow the order for any of preliminary exams, but I heard a lot of students were telling me a different story. So, I want to hear some opinion.

1) Is it gonna be more difficult to pass C exam without studying M (base on new syllubas in 2007) ?

2) If I pass C and go back to take M, is it more easy for me to understand M's material?

3) Is it a good idea to take C first or bad idea?

Thanks for all your help!!! Any advice will be very appreciate.

MathForMarines
January 13th 2007, 03:33 PM
I am sitting for C in May, and I have passed only P and FM.

1) I think it could be slightly harder, but i'm not worried

2) I think it will be slighty easier

3) I don't believe that the material is related enough to make a big difference if you take C first. I know that MLC material is not directly tested on C. I think understanding some of the basic relationships of life con will be sufficient.

Hi everyone,

I want to take C exam in 2007 sitting without passing any M exams. However, I am worried about if Exam C and Exam M is related. I know we don't need to follow the order for any of preliminary exams, but I heard a lot of students were telling me a different story. So, I want to hear some opinion.

1) Is it gonna be more difficult to pass C exam without studying M (base on new syllubas in 2007) ?

2) If I pass C and go back to take M, is it more easy for me to understand M's material?

3) Is it a good idea to take C first or bad idea?

Thanks for all your help!!! Any advice will be very appreciate.

ctperng
January 13th 2007, 06:24 PM
I echo MathForMarines, but want to make some remarks:

Between previous exam M and exam C, there is some portion of overlap (mostly the topics concerning the Loss Models); that is why studying Exam M prepares you better for Exam C.

The same situation holds true for the future exams between Exam C and Exam M = (MLC+MFE) for different reason: the overlap now is the financial economics stuff. Understanding MFE is definitely helpful for the financial economics portion of Exam C.

If you want to take exam C on the next sitting, maybe it would be a good idea to study (but not so seriously) some stuff of MFE. Then IMO you will feel the easiness when you get back to take the Exam M.

ctperng