PDA

View Full Version : Internships for Non-Students

WannaB
February 5th 2007, 11:49 AM
How in the heck to do you find them?? I've been looking all morning. I've applied to a few despite them clearly being geared at juniors in college. One even asked my SAT scores. Come on, that was 10 years ago!! Some even say not to bother applying if you've already graduated. Which I can appreciate at least.

As someone who just invested the last 5 years preparing for a career that turns out not to be right for me, I'd really like the possibility to have an internship to get a feel for the actuarial profession.

Feeling frustrated. :Sad:

07Grad
February 5th 2007, 05:46 PM
Have you taken/passed an exam yet?

WannaB
February 5th 2007, 07:32 PM
No, not yet, but I have very good reason to expect to pass Exam 1 in May. I would understand if I was being turned down because of the lack of passed tests, but I'm just talking about the ability to actually apply for internships.

I'm not as frustrated now though because I got a call back from a company today. I haven't talked to them yet, (I was at work) so I don't know if it's for an internship or entry level position. I just emailed some people at the company and they forwared my resume to whoever is supposed to get them. I asked about both in m y email and all the info that I have about the position is that it isn't open to external candidates so they had to add my name manually. Anyway, keeping my fingers crossed.

07Grad
February 6th 2007, 08:41 AM
I don't get what's stopping you from applying? Just answers questions as best you can and put any clarifications in a cover letter. I have a friend who had already graduated before he started his internship and he didn't find any problems.