PDA

View Full Version : new materials in exam c

andrewabert
February 24th 2007, 11:10 PM
can anyone tell me where I could get practice problems for the new materials in exam c? like the stuff in "derivatives market" and the study note "risk measures"

thx a lot!

ctperng
February 24th 2007, 11:32 PM
can anyone tell me where I could get practice problems for the new materials in exam c? like the stuff in "derivatives market" and the study note "risk measures"

thx a lot!

As far as I know there is no sample exams posted on SOA. But you can look at the notes on risk measures by Mary Hardy: An introduction to risk measures for actuarial applications

http://www.soa.org/ccm/content/exams-education-jobs/candidate-and-exam-information/spring-exam-session/spring-2007-catalog/examinations/spring-2007-basic-education-catalog-examc.en?g11n.enc=UTF-8

You can study risk theory (ruin theory) through the old Exam M, or CAS exam 3. (Just look the problems asking for ruin probability, probability of survival in a given time horizon, etc. I actually collected about 30 problems on this topics. You can do the same.)

Similarly you can find some sample exam problems about the financial economics topics from the old exam, such as investments, course 6, etc.

Jim Daniel wrote a short note (worth $5) on financial economics stuff for C. Furtheremore you can spend $10-15 for each of the following notes by Mahler
1. risk theory
2. risk measure
3. financial economics topics

ctperng

Abraham Weishaus
February 25th 2007, 11:42 PM
The ASM Exam C supplement ($60) has lots of questions on the new material, plus a 40-question practice exam which is entirely composed of questions from the new material. (New material being defined not only as Derivatives Markets and Risk Measures, but also material not previously on Exam M such as (a,b,1) class and discretizing.)

ctperng
February 26th 2007, 07:42 AM
The ASM Exam C supplement ($60) has lots of questions on the new material, plus a 40-question practice exam which is entirely composed of questions from the new material. (New material being defined not only as Derivatives Markets and Risk Measures, but also material not previously on Exam M such as (a,b,1) class and discretizing.)

I didn't mean to omit your work, sir. I guess it's just temporarily out of my memory. :)

ctperng