PDA

View Full Version : How's my progress?

YJK
March 30th 2007, 02:06 AM
Right now I'm registered for both MLC and MFE in May. So far I have about 80 hours of study, 90% of which is for MLC, and I think about half of that is spent looking at the page not knowing what I'm looking at.

However, on the plus side (for the context of this exam, that is!) I don't have a job right now, so I have the next 7 weeks completely open to study. Do you think preparing to pass both is feasible, or would it be better to cancel my registration for MFE?

Thomas H
March 30th 2007, 11:12 AM
How far along on the material for MLC are you? I'm studying out of the ASM manuals and right now I'm on lesson 38 of 52 lessons, which means I've got about 180 pages of material to study and practice problems to work not counting the sample exams.

I am also not currently working. I have signed up to take both exams and I think I can do it. I think it really depends on how much of the material you have left to study for the MLC part.

YJK
March 30th 2007, 12:14 PM
How far along on the material for MLC are you? I'm studying out of the ASM manuals and right now I'm on lesson 38 of 52 lessons, which means I've got about 180 pages of material to study and practice problems to work not counting the sample exams.

I am also not currently working. I have signed up to take both exams and I think I can do it. I think it really depends on how much of the material you have left to study for the MLC part.

I'd say I have a rudimentary to decent grasp of about half of the material -survival models, about halfway through life insurances and annuities. I'm midway through a serious pass through Broverman's guide, and have looked at or read about 3/4 of it. I'm just sarting to seriously do a lot of problems, and did chapter 1 on the Actex MFE manual.

I'm hoping if I could make this my full time job from here on out, I could pull this off.