PDA

View Full Version : Discuss Exam C, May 07

cmoibenlepro
May 16th 2007, 12:51 PM
The exam is finally over!:laugh: How do you feel about the exam?
I think it was tough, but I'm confident that I will pass. I may have 26-31 good answers.

Also, how many hours did you put on your studying? Personally, I studied ~220 hours, plus I already saw a part of the content at university. So I hope it was enough.

(By the way) maybe the exam is not finished for some places around the world, so don't give exam details please.

wat
May 16th 2007, 02:28 PM
The exam is finally over!:laugh: How do you feel about the exam?
I think it was tough, but I'm confident that I will pass. I may have 26-31 good answers.

Also, how many hours did you put on your studying? Personally, I studied ~220 hours, plus I already saw a part of the content at university. So I hope it was enough.

(By the way) maybe the exam is not finished for some places around the world, so don't give exam details please.

Yes, please don't.

I believe Hawaii is the last time zone in which actuarial exams are administered. Currently, it is 9:30 am in Hawaii - far from the exam being over. If you could all kindly wait until 5pm EST to begin discussing specifics about the exam, that would be great. Thanks!

PhillyP
May 16th 2007, 04:40 PM
Thought it was challenging. It seemed like a lot of the questions had some shortcut method to them. Unfortunately I didn't have them all memorized.
I blind guessed on 9 questions (using C). Then there were a few I wasn't confident on. It was definately harder then last sitting.

Antony T. Denberg
May 16th 2007, 05:02 PM
It's after 5 EDT now, so I guess I can talk freely. I found C more challenging than the previous sittings. I really wasn't pleased with the "Use the method of the MacDonald book" type questions. It was my understanding that Loss Models and Derivatives Markets were suggested texts and not absolutely essential for studying. I can't recall ever having seen a particular textbook referenced in an preliminary SOA exam. Thoughts?

Martin Birkenheier
May 24th 2007, 08:09 AM
Personally, I didn't like the exam too much, but after it has been released I'm pretty confident that I passed.

I'm just glad I can have a life now again, at least for a short while ;-)