PDA

View Full Version : Sell MFE Manual

loverisk
May 26th 2007, 08:11 PM
I just finished MFE and have ASM Study Manual and a 7-practice-exam set by Dr. Weishaus. I think the manual focuses on the exam very well and more easily to read than the text book, which was used as a reference book in my preparation. Dr. Weishaus's lectures grasp almost all important concepts and techniques used in the exam and I was surprised that he could explain the tough stuff that clearly within each short lecture. The practice exams are some more difficult, based on my personal feeling, than the real exam and include at least one problem from the three stochastic interest models and Ito process in each exam, which helped me to have clues to solve this type problems even I still don't know the complete theory part of these topics, but I think it is enough to solve the multiple exam problems. I checked the solution and thought I got 14 out of 19 right. I hope the score represents at least a margin-pass. Am I too optimistic? I performed better than using the practice exams, where I got about 12 out of 20 right. After all, if you are interested to have them pleas reply this thread, I ask for $60 + shipping fee for both, whose retail price is $90.

amirla80
May 27th 2007, 04:09 PM
how about $55? (including shipping)

loverisk
May 28th 2007, 10:32 AM
amirla80 , give me your zip code please. Let me check the shipping fee and answer you later.
Thanks

zhuanyi
May 28th 2007, 10:37 AM
I'll take it if there is no marks or whatever on the book. Please let me know the shipping charge. I am living in Ontario Canada, postal code M4Y 3P8. Thanks!

I just finished MFE and have ASM Study Manual and a 7-practice-exam set by Dr. Weishaus. I think the manual focuses on the exam very well and more easily to read than the text book, which was used as a reference book in my preparation. Dr. Weishaus's lectures grasp almost all important concepts and techniques used in the exam and I was surprised that he could explain the tough stuff that clearly within each short lecture. The practice exams are some more difficult, based on my personal feeling, than the real exam and include at least one problem from the three stochastic interest models and Ito process in each exam, which helped me to have clues to solve this type problems even I still don't know the complete theory part of these topics, but I think it is enough to solve the multiple exam problems. I checked the solution and thought I got 14 out of 19 right. I hope the score represents at least a margin-pass. Am I too optimistic? I performed better than using the practice exams, where I got about 12 out of 20 right. After all, if you are interested to have them pleas reply this thread, I ask for $60 + shipping fee for both, whose retail price is $90.

zhuanyi
May 28th 2007, 10:43 AM
Sorry, probably I would not take it, they sell it for 93 Canadian Dollars here in Toronto :)

http://www.fgbooks.com

Sorry about that

I'll take it if there is no marks or whatever on the book. Please let me know the shipping charge. I am living in Ontario Canada, postal code M4Y 3P8. Thanks!

amirla80
May 28th 2007, 03:35 PM
amirla80 , give me your zip code please. Let me check the shipping fee and answer you later.
Thanks

zip code: 92673
you can email me at amirla80@yahoo.com

loverisk
May 28th 2007, 08:08 PM
I'll check with the local post office tomorrow.