PDA

View Full Version : How are Exam MFE and MLC viewed by employers?

Chitown26
August 24th 2007, 02:35 AM
I went to my first class today for a course that covers Exam MFE, and our professor, the act sci department chair, said MFE and MLC are different enough that you can say the 1st four preliminary exams are now the 1st five preliminary exams.

What your thoughts on this? If I were to take Exam MFE next and pass it, after passing P and FM, could I say I have 3 exams completed or is it more like 2 1/2 done?

Thanks.

MathForMarines
August 24th 2007, 08:11 AM
It would be 2.5 exams. M is one exam in 2 segments. Similarly, CAS 3 is one exam now, and effective May 08, it will split into 2 segments, but it is still one exam.

Although, at my company, you get a raise after passing each part, which is definitely good for someone who does not take both at once.

I went to my first class today for a course that covers Exam MFE, and our professor, the act sci department chair, said MFE and MLC are different enough that you can say the 1st four preliminary exams are now the 1st five preliminary exams.

What your thoughts on this? If I were to take Exam MFE next and pass it, after passing P and FM, could I say I have 3 exams completed or is it more like 2 1/2 done?

Thanks.

feste22
August 27th 2007, 09:40 AM
My company does not count MFE as a single exam. I'll need to pass both MFE and MLC to get my exam bonus.

IAmTensai
September 4th 2007, 11:15 AM
I think this depends on the company, i think Towers counts mfe as one exam, but it comes with a smaller bonus than mlc