PDA

View Full Version : I "unofficially" passed - what are the odds I "officially" did not?

pedestrian
August 26th 2007, 08:03 PM
Hi all,

I just took the exam P/1 for the first time on Thursday. Because it was computer-based, I was immediately provided with "unofficial" results, that stated I had successfully achieved a passing score. However, it also stated that my responses would be sent to the SOA/CAS and that my official results will be mailed to me in five to six weeks.

Being the worrywort that I am, I was wondering what the chances are that I actually did not pass? Am I just worrying for no reason, or is there a legitimate possibility that the "unofficial" results are inaccurate?

Thanks in advance!
-pedestrian

Jo_M.
August 26th 2007, 08:57 PM
The probability is 0 but not impossible.

In other words, it has never happened in the past that someone with an ''unofficial pass'' ends up ''officially failing''. Dont worry. You passed, congrats!

pedestrian
August 26th 2007, 10:16 PM
The probability is 0 but not impossible.

In other words, it has never happened in the past that someone with an ''unofficial pass'' ends up ''officially failing''. Dont worry. You passed, congrats!

''', thanks! That definitely makes me feel a lot better! :smiloe:

billvp
November 8th 2007, 09:13 AM
I'm sure you got your result as a pass by now, but I think the only way they'd change it is if the person administering the test reported that you had cheated - so until they find out for sure that something like that didn't happen, they mark it as an "unofficial" pass for now.

pedestrian
November 9th 2007, 12:40 PM
I'm sure you got your result as a pass by now, but I think the only way they'd change it is if the person administering the test reported that you had cheated - so until they find out for sure that something like that didn't happen, they mark it as an "unofficial" pass for now.

Thanks for the feedback guys... I did indeed get my results about two weeks ago, and I (officially) passed! :)