PDA

View Full Version : Sending out resumes

Karen
August 22nd 2005, 09:10 PM
Is is too early to start sending out resumes?? I would love to send them out now but I am afraid that I will have to keep calling to remind them of me.

If it is too early, when should I be sending them out.

Thanks!

Ken
August 22nd 2005, 09:30 PM
I'm going to start sending mine out out around October/November. I think that's when my school career center starts accepting resumés also.

Trojan_Horse
August 22nd 2005, 09:38 PM
I'm assuming you're still in school otherwise it's never too early. I started sending out resumes about 3 months before I graduated, got the offer I wanted about a 6 weeks before I graduated. I moved the week after I graduated and started working a week later. When I got the offer, I could have started working right away if I was ready but they were very flexible about the start date.

If you are still in school, I suggest sending out resumes about 2 to 3 months before you graduate. It will be a few weeks before you get any real responses, then you'll get phone interviews and have to start scheduling face to face interviews; the process takes awhile so it's better to start sooner than later.

Also, remember, most companies want to see several candidates before they make a decision and that may take awhile. I had a phone interview with a company and then they called two weeks later to schedule a face to face interview, which took place almost 4 weeks after that. It took them a week just to finalize all of the travel arrangements. In short, if you're interviewing mostly out of town, you need to start even earlier.

Karen
August 23rd 2005, 09:10 AM
Sorry, I should have been more clear. I am a senior, graduating in the spring of 2006.