PDA

View Full Version : Study Atlanta for November

betterworldmath
September 27th 2007, 10:17 PM
Howdy Howdy. If anyone wants to get together once a week or so, just drop me a line. I'm usually available on weeknights.

Thanks!!
Kelly

jbwatkins60
October 16th 2007, 05:36 PM
Just checking to see if you have found anyone to study with? I am signed up for the P exam for November and I live just north of Atlanta. Let me know if you're interested.
jeffbwatkins@gmail.com

djerry81
October 17th 2007, 10:16 AM
''' a chick puts her number online for everyone to view.....sounds dangerous

But if you are near either Kennesaw(where I work) or Stone Mountain (where I lay) then I'd be able to get together maybe a couple times before the exam. Have you taken the exam before?

Howdy Howdy. If anyone wants to get together once a week or so, just drop me a line. I'm usually available on weeknights.

Thanks!!
Kelly
404-273-2207

Jo_M.
October 17th 2007, 04:19 PM
''' a chick puts her number online for everyone to view.....sounds dangerous

But if you are near either Kennesaw(where I work) or Stone Mountain (where I lay) then I'd be able to get together maybe a couple times before the exam. Have you taken the exam before?

Actually, you'd be surprise if you were hoping to meet a hot actuarial chick (go check the gender in his profile)! :laugh:

jbwatkins60
October 18th 2007, 06:43 AM
I do live pretty near Kennesaw and am actually planning to study at the KSU library this Saturday (10/20) morning. I'm planning to get there when it opens, 8 am. I'm fairly flexible other than that so just let me know what times work best for you.

This is the first time I have taken the exam and I am basically studying from the posted sample exam and the books listed on the study guide.

zalam
October 18th 2007, 03:45 PM
my name is zahir. i am taking p1 test on nov, 2007. i live near kenneasw state univ. i am available for study tuesday, thursday morning to afternoon and may be weekend.
My background is math but i am looking to have serious study patner.

zalam.
zalam@spsu.edu

djerry81
October 19th 2007, 07:52 AM
Honestly I probably have only one day I could study with someone and really I probably don't need to, I was really hoping to meet an actuarial chick:tongue:

betterworldmath
October 19th 2007, 11:17 AM
Hi y'all,

Sorry djerry81, I'm not a chick. Remember, assume = ''' / u / me. Well in this case you can take the "me" out. :wink:

Dear Zahir & Jeff. Yeah, this is convenient because I regularly study at Kennesaw & SPSU. I'll send you both an e-mail here in a minute.

I have taken this test once before, in August, and did not pass. Last time I used the SOA 123 practice test and "John E. Freunds Mathematical Statistics." This time I am using the ASM study manual by Krzysztof Ostaszewski, and have found it to be extremely valuable. He really does a good job of teaching methods for solving problems and various mathematical ninja tricks. Anyways, my conclusion after reading a lot of the posts on this site is that, unless you're already very good at statistical methods, the SOA 123 is not enough.

Well anyways, I'm looking forward to meeting y'all, even you djerry81; though definitely not in the way you had originally hoped. :skeptical:

See you soon,
Kelly

djerry81
October 25th 2007, 08:19 AM
LOL hey I am still willing to share what I have. email me dennissjerry@gmail.com

Hi y'all,

Sorry djerry81, I'm not a chick. Remember, assume = ''' / u / me. Well in this case you can take the "me" out. :wink:

Dear Zahir & Jeff. Yeah, this is convenient because I regularly study at Kennesaw & SPSU. I'll send you both an e-mail here in a minute.

I have taken this test once before, in August, and did not pass. Last time I used the SOA 123 practice test and "John E. Freunds Mathematical Statistics." This time I am using the ASM study manual by Krzysztof Ostaszewski, and have found it to be extremely valuable. He really does a good job of teaching methods for solving problems and various mathematical ninja tricks. Anyways, my conclusion after reading a lot of the posts on this site is that, unless you're already very good at statistical methods, the SOA 123 is not enough.

Well anyways, I'm looking forward to meeting y'all, even you djerry81; though definitely not in the way you had originally hoped. :skeptical:

See you soon,
Kelly