PDA

View Full Version : VEE: Regression and Time Series

at3
December 21st 2007, 12:36 PM
I'm considering taking VEE classes. A question is: can I take regression class and time series class at the same time? I heard regression is a prerequisite by time series but I'm not sure how true it is.

binky_4me
January 3rd 2008, 03:07 PM
i'm taking an online time series course right now, and i took a regression course over 5 yrs ago... trust me, i totally do not remember anything from that regression course!! so far in the time series class, i'm finding that i need to look at some probability stuff again (mean, variance, covariance, etc). maybe that stuff was also covered in regression, but i don't remember. i think you could take them both at the same time with no problems...

MathinTucson
January 10th 2008, 11:06 AM
I did the ACTEX online course, which covers both regression and time series. It's a quick way to fulfill the requirement, although the time series coverage is pretty thin.

SkeeDaddy
June 4th 2008, 01:39 PM
i'm taking an online time series course right now, and i took a regression course over 5 yrs ago... trust me, i totally do not remember anything from that regression course!! so far in the time series class, i'm finding that i need to look at some probability stuff again (mean, variance, covariance, etc). maybe that stuff was also covered in regression, but i don't remember. i think you could take them both at the same time with no problems...

Hi Binky -
I'm in similar situation ... except I took regression over 10 years ago ... sheesh!

What time series course are you taking -- NEAS, Actex? How do you like it?

Thanks!

binky_4me
June 4th 2008, 02:11 PM
Hi Binky -
I'm in similar situation ... except I took regression over 10 years ago ... sheesh!

What time series course are you taking -- NEAS, Actex? How do you like it?

Thanks!

i took the one by actex, but apparently online is not for me. i didn't get a b- so that was a waste... i'm one of those students that would raise their hand all the time and stay after class and go the teacher's office hrs... so i was emailing the teacher non-stop and most of the time couldn't get thru homework because she wouldn't get back to me soon enough for us to go back and forth. plus, i had so much going on in my personal life, i couldn't devote enough time to it anyways... i don't know what i'm gonna do next time. my co-workers have taken some classes thru neas and said it was great, so maybe i'll try them...

lyx
December 3rd 2009, 03:42 AM
I did the ACTEX online course, which covers both regression and time series. It's a quick way to fulfill the requirement, although the time series coverage is pretty thin.

hi, i only need the time series portion of VEE applied stat, how long will it take me to finish the course if i enroll in actex? thanks. and how much is it?

Lauren At Actex
December 8th 2009, 11:54 AM
We're currently in the process of updating our website www.actexmadriver.com to show the reflect the upcoming sessions of all our VEE courses. This should be ready in a few more days and will indicate the dates, timeline and price for each course.

sweetsugar
June 1st 2010, 11:30 AM
i'm taking an online time series course right now, and i took a regression course over 5 yrs ago... trust me, i totally do not remember anything from that regression course!! so far in the time series class, i'm finding that i need to look at some probability stuff again (mean, variance, covariance, etc). maybe that stuff was also covered in regression, but i don't remember. i think you could take them both at the same time with no problems... I was in samiliar situation when I was preparing for my Series 7 exam. I used this Series 7 Preparation App (https://testeachersonline.com/iphone_apps) to refresh in mind my knowledge. The program has helped me and I passed the test successfully in the end.

SkeeDaddy
June 2nd 2010, 07:54 AM
Hi SweetSugar -
So you passed the Series 7 and you're now an actuary? Do you mind if I ask how that switch came about? I'm also a career changer -- former computer programmer. How far are you in your actuarial career, how do you like it?

Skeedaddy

Weezy_Baby
June 2nd 2010, 03:01 PM
How hard are these 2 classes? How would you compare their difficulty to the Probability course? (the one for Exam P)

Which 1 of the 2 classes is harder?

AbertFrank1001
June 14th 2010, 06:25 AM
Hi friends, this is Albert Frank. If any of you guys need assignment help, homework help and / or online tutoring, we can help you. Our website is www.helpwithassignment.com. We cater to all students ranging from K-12, College and University. We are experts in wide range of subjects. Our tutors are from The Ivy League and are highly qualified with Post Graduations and PhDs. Our work has 0% plagiarism and we do not resell our work.

AbertFrank1001
June 14th 2010, 06:37 AM
Hi friends, this is Albert Frank. If any of you guys need assignment help, homework help and / or online tutoring, we can help you. Our website is www.helpwithassignment.com. We cater to all students ranging from K-12, College and University. We are experts in wide range of subjects. Our tutors are from The Ivy League and are highly qualified with Post Graduations and PhDs. Our work has 0% plagiarism and we do not resell our work.