PDA

View Full Version : Real MFE exam

makros5
February 6th 2008, 12:46 PM
Hello everybody,

I am planning to take MFE in May for the first. Could any body pleae tell me how the exam was last time. Did they ask lot of theory questions? How hard the questions are. What is the best way to prepare for this exam. I definately want to pass this exam.

Thanks in advance.

maryland
February 6th 2008, 07:06 PM
I barely passed it on my first try last time. I didn't think I was actually going to pass. I used ASM and knew how to attack all the problems but I wasn't prepared for how fast I needed to go. Luckily I knew the ones I actually got to well enough. There were 20 questions and from what I remember most were actual problems. There were 2 Brownian motion problems from what I remember but I did not find most of them theoretical.

sohpmalvin
February 6th 2008, 07:51 PM
May exam this year will be my first try. Can I know what is the approximate proportion of Brownian Motion + Ito's Lemma + interest rate models in this exam? For me, these chapters are the challenging ones...

makros5
February 7th 2008, 12:23 PM
Hi,

Is there anybody preparing for MFE in Chicago or suburbs. I'm willing to have a study partner.

Thanks in advance

makros5
March 10th 2008, 03:33 AM
Was it 20 or 19? because one of my friend saying recently it was 19 questions. Does any body else how many questions we are going to get in MFE this time?

I barely passed it on my first try last time. I didn't think I was actually going to pass. I used ASM and knew how to attack all the problems but I wasn't prepared for how fast I needed to go. Luckily I knew the ones I actually got to well enough. There were 20 questions and from what I remember most were actual problems. There were 2 Brownian motion problems from what I remember but I did not find most of them theoretical.