PDA

View Full Version : Fall 2007 Released Exam

jazzape
May 4th 2008, 06:54 PM
With the latest CAS exam upcoming, I thought it would be nice to get a thread started to review the released 2007 Fall Exam from the CAS website. I always struggle with stats/probability more than other topics....Anyone have working solutions for Q7 and Q8?

Thanks

zmkramer
May 5th 2008, 02:22 PM
With the latest CAS exam upcoming, I thought it would be nice to get a thread started to review the released 2007 Fall Exam from the CAS website. I always struggle with stats/probability more than other topics....Anyone have working solutions for Q7 and Q8?

Thanks

well for 7 how did you solve it? for 8, the CAS made a mistake the question should look like Xi follows exponential with mean theta

H0 : theta = 1
H1 : theta =2

still having touble?

.Godspeed.
May 5th 2008, 10:46 PM

ThanksProfessor Sam Broverman has published some at the following address:

http://sambroverman.com/07f-cas3-sol.pdf

jazzape
May 6th 2008, 01:23 AM
Thanks that's exactly what I was looking for! Just a calculation error and apparently a defective question, so feel better already.