PDA

View Full Version : A confused Post High School student desperately seeking for advice

jc_ip
October 30th 2005, 08:44 AM
Hi! I am a gap year student who is seriously considering a career in actuary. I plan to apply for an actuarial science course in college, and am currently struggling to write a Personal statement for the application. Thus, I hope to get some advice from all those of you out there on the following questions:
What do you like and dislike about the job? What were your reasons for wanting to become an actuary?? What knowledge should I have in order to excel in an actuarial science course in college? What do admissions tutors look for on a personal statement?? :confused: and anything else that you guys consider important regarding an application to an actuarial science course in College. All your help is much appreciated!!! Thank you!!:D
my email add: jc_ip@hotmail.com

Ken
October 30th 2005, 09:42 AM
How about something like, "'''. Did you say boring and monotonous computer work? That's where I'd like to be in 5 years." Or, "I hear actuaries get paid more than they are worth and I want to join that new wave." Or, "I will be your personal ''''up every hour of the day." You should seriously have some reason why you want to be an actuary and none of us that I know of have telepathy. You probably know best why you want to be an actuary and you should put that answer.

crayolaab
October 30th 2005, 01:08 PM
Sorry, I don't feel as though I can help as I was turned down from the course I applied for - my statement obviously was not up to snuff!

Ken is right, though, you really should come up with things on your own.