PDA

View Full Version : Which study guides/prep courses would you recommend?

J123
June 2nd 2008, 01:32 AM
So far I've only seen people commenting on ASM and Actex. Has anyone used BPP or Infinite Actuary materials? I liked BPP for the derivatives material, I'm wondering if it is just as good for MFE.

Also, does anyone know if there is a new edition of ASM and/or Actex for the November 2008 sitting yet, and if so if it is an improvement from prior guides? I heard/read this past sitting was tough, I'd hope that the study guide writers would expand the practice problems in light of this.

Any thoughts?

amywliang
June 17th 2008, 09:55 AM
So far I've only seen people commenting on ASM and Actex. Has anyone used BPP or Infinite Actuary materials? I liked BPP for the derivatives material, I'm wondering if it is just as good for MFE.

Also, does anyone know if there is a new edition of ASM and/or Actex for the November 2008 sitting yet, and if so if it is an improvement from prior guides? I heard/read this past sitting was tough, I'd hope that the study guide writers would expand the practice problems in light of this.

Any thoughts?
I used BPP for Both of the exam P and FM. Both of them are excellent and help me to pass the exam. That's why I bought the BPP manual again for helping me to pass the next exam.

binky_4me
July 23rd 2008, 09:36 AM
i've never attended a seminar before, but i've heard from some of my co-workers that they can help with tricks and real understanding. did any of the mfe seminars help anyone? thanks for any feedback!

bayoubelle
July 23rd 2008, 05:07 PM
One of my coworkers took Mahler's seminar for last sitting. She said that she didnt get much, if anything out of the lecture, but that the manuals that came with it were worth going.

As for myself, I signed up for the Actuarial Brew seminar in Chicago. I figured since I already have the good stuff from Mahler's (my coworker gave me the material since she passed), I'll try something different. And I've never been to Chicago outside of Ohare, so that part will be fun.