PDA

View Full Version : studying for Exam C

sarahwsalem
June 2nd 2008, 05:21 PM
hello all..

im planning to start studying for C this month.. for the other exams i usually started with the SOA syllabus books...

would the ASM manual be enough this time with out the SOA recommended options!?

-sarah

NoMoreExams
June 3rd 2008, 10:27 AM
hello all..

im planning to start studying for C this month.. for the other exams i usually started with the SOA syllabus books...

would the ASM manual be enough this time with out the SOA recommended options!?

-sarah

If you do every problem in there, you should definitely pass but have you seen the size of it? :smiloe:

Fermat83
June 3rd 2008, 06:20 PM
If you do every problem in there, you should definitely pass but have you seen the size of it? :smiloe:

Isn't it like 4000 pages or something? I sure you don't have to do every single problem in it to pass even though that would be very helpful. The fact that the ASM manual is 4000 pgs just gives you an idea of the MASSIVE amount of material covered in C, should be fun studying for it LOL!

NoMoreExams
June 4th 2008, 01:33 AM
Isn't it like 4000 pages or something? I sure you don't have to do every single problem in it to pass even though that would be very helpful. The fact that the ASM manual is 4000 pgs just gives you an idea of the MASSIVE amount of material covered in C, should be fun studying for it LOL!

There's nothing wrong with giving an upper limit :)

sarahwsalem
June 4th 2008, 03:00 AM
would say 3 months of doing nothing except studying the ASM manual guarantee a pass?!

-sarah

Fermat83
June 8th 2008, 08:44 PM
would say 3 months of doing nothing except studying the ASM manual guarantee a pass?!

-sarah

No. Nothing will guarantee a pass. I have heard Exam C to be one of the most difficult in the 9. There is massive amounts of material! The closest guarantee to a pass would be if you studied for 5-8 months and did every practice problem/previous exam problem in your 4000 page manual until you were sick to death, and then took 10-12 practice tests under time constraints.

sarahwsalem
June 9th 2008, 03:06 PM
oh dear.... so attempting to study for C AND MLC and sitting for them in november is seriously out of the question right?!

-sarah

NoMoreExams
June 9th 2008, 05:07 PM
oh dear.... so attempting to study for C AND MLC and sitting for them in november is seriously out of the question right?!

-sarah

It's not impossible, I've known people who attempted to sit for the (old) 1-4 and ended up passing 3 and 4 but failing 1 and 2 (don't ask me how) but it really does depend what your background is and how well you study / how good your memory is. Even if you have seen the material before and you can put in the hours, it will still be hard. And as usual, it's better to get one 6 than two 5's.